The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I have installed Paint.NET on my Windows7 computer, but after a week of working with it, now everytime I call Paint.NET I get the message:

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Paint.NET it's the only software were it happens

I am using Windows 7

My Windows 7 it's not updating  anything with Microsoft since they were forcing me to Updated to Win 10.

PAINT.NET seems to work after clicking OK, but if I have the software open for some time (1 or 2 hours) it crashes and I loose what I was doing!

I didn't install any new software

Oh, and Yes, I have tried to re-install Paint.NET, but still the same

I attached the print of the error

If you need any other information, please ask

Thank you

Pedro Pereira

post-147876-0-17539400-1467535541_thumb.

Edited by ppereira

Try installing the latest version of Paint.NET. Version 4.09 is the latest non-beta release.

Did any Registry cleaners run in that computer? One that deleted a few important registry keys could be a possibility of causing that error.

What I will try to do is do a clean uninstall of Paint.NET using a freeware called Revo Uninstaller then re-install Paint.NET v. 4.09. That latest version of Paint.NET however will need the latest version of .NET Framework.

Also, having the latest Windows updates and the latest version of .NET Framework could help.

Try installing the latest version of Paint.NET. Version 4.09 is the latest non-beta release.

Did any Registry cleaners run in that computer? One that deleted a few important registry keys could be a possibility of causing that error.

What I will try to do is do a clean uninstall of Paint.NET using a freeware called Revo Uninstaller then re-install Paint.NET v. 4.09. That latest version of Paint.NET however will need the latest version of .NET Framework.

Also, having the latest Windows updates and the latest version of .NET Framework could help.

I did instal last version. Still the same.

I didn't run any cleaner

• 1 month later...

I'm also using windows 7.

I'm having the same issue with your version 4.0.10.

I've tried installing the C++ libraries from the link, and it says it's already installed on my pc. I downloaded the dll directly from microsoft, and still am getting the same error. I've tried the repair and nothing.

The program opens after the error message, but the error message after I restart my pc or open the program is very annoying. Going to uninstall until issue is discovered for this.

Note: If the program opens with the image, why even import that dll. Have the dev try commenting out that line, run the test suite, and if everything checks out okay, then there is no need to import it.

Also, you might want to try testing newer versions on freshly installed window systems (use v-machines if you have to). This will ensure no extra hacks are needed to make your program work without bugs and errors. I wouldn't be so quick to blame microsoft if you are using their libraries for your program. That is the risk any developer makes when using 3rd party plugins, libraries, ect from elsewhere. Robert C. Martin explains it well when he talks about dependency injection and how you are married to it, but it is not married to you. It can change or remove itself, and you have no say in what it does.

Edited by JamesDev

I wouldn't be so quick to blame microsoft

Rick knows what he's talking about. Really. He does.

• 1 month later...