Is there a plugin that can create shapes from the center out?

The problem is that unless the plugin creates its own canvas (essentially creating an independent application that sends its final result to PDN), it can't know anything about the mouse position. Not only are plugins that create their own canvases more difficult to write, they also have their own major problems. In particular, they don't show the current result in the context of the other visible layers. I believe it would be fairly easy to write a plugin that set the circle's center with a pan control, and set the radius with a slider. I'm kind of surprised there isn't something like that, but I couldn't find it.

EDIT: One difficulty would be marking the center during the creation process -- which seems desirable -- but not marking it in the final render pass. Currently, that can't be (legally) done with IndirectUI. The user could be required to manually switch off the center mark. That's rather ugly, but a mistake would be easily cured by Undoing and rerunning the plugin, this time remembering to switch off the center.

Edited by MJW

I believe it would be fairly easy to write a plugin that set the circle's center with a pan control, and set the radius with a slider. I'm kind of surprised there isn't something like that, but I couldn't find it.

My 'Squirkle' plugin does that (not using GDI+ ellipse, just the equation of a circle).

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/23194-squirkle/

I think the O.P. is really after a change in the behaviour of Pdn. And as you say, there is no perfect plugin solution to this.

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg