Background transparent in IE6 and IE5

This is an Internet Explorer problem, and one of the many reasons why I despise that browser.

IE before 7 does not natively support PNG transparency, though there are Javascript snippets out there that can fix this in IE6. Usually IE treats GIF transparency properly, though, so I'm not sure why you'd be having a problem with that. Is IE6 displaying the GIF properly? It may be an IE5 deficiency - I no longer support that browser when I design public websites, so I haven't tested in it in nearly a year.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I do like you and I do work with IE6 (It have many problem) but one of my customer want me to optimize for IE6.

This is an Internet Explorer problem, and one of the many reasons why I despise that browser.

IE before 7 does not natively support PNG transparency, though there are Javascript snippets out there that can fix this in IE6. Usually IE treats GIF transparency properly, though, so I'm not sure why you'd be having a problem with that. Is IE6 displaying the GIF properly? It may be an IE5 deficiency - I no longer support that browser when I design public websites, so I haven't tested in it in nearly a year.