Woodsy

Rest in Peace - Woodsy

I love the slightly different perspective on your latest one, and the smoke is a nice touch. 

Something minor I liked was the shadows you've done from the frames around the doors - they look very natural.

• Upvote 1

Thank you @Drydareelin! I try to change the style a little bit on each of the building pictures. But it's funny to hear what some people notice.

I also tried to make all the doors the same way but I guess they all didn't turn out the same.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:21 AM, Drydareelin said:

Something minor I liked was the shadows you've done from the frames around the doors - they look very natural.

Got to agree with that.  Minor in a way, but important to giving the whole piece depth.

I really thought I'd commented on this when I repped it ... maybe you should build an outhouse for where my head is at 😁

Another triumph ... not forgetting the horse ... and great how the background blends in with the buildings

• Upvote 1

Thanks @welshblue, don't worry about it. I just get a kick out of what people notice first off.

I cheated, I couldn't come up with any ideas for a background so I inserted some mountain pictures that I found.

Edited by Woodsy

Dave-Wood.png

It is with great sorrow that I announce the death of our dear friend @Woodsy – Dave Wood on Monday 14th October, 2019.                 .

As some of you may know, he suffered for many years from a congenital illness that affected his back, legs, arms and hands.  However, more recently he was diagnosed with esophageal bone cancer on the 12th September 2019, which spread rapidly to other organs.  He was in a lot of pain after the diagnoses, before going into a coma, at home, on the 1st of October.

I know we will all miss him.  He just loved working with Paint.net, as it helped him get through each day, because of his inability to leave his home.  I had a lot of fun making the art for our collaborations, and he would do the animation.  He also told me how he enjoyed re-vamping the Galleria and working with @Ego Eram Reputo and @ReMake

God Bless @Woodsy may you rest in peace now.

white-candle-giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

My condolences. He produced some great images and contributed a lot to the forum.

I am sad. A great loss of a member of our community. Beautiful work produced and shared all his years.

• Upvote 1

Oh that is sad news of his passing. He was a wonderful member of our community & a fantastic artist. He will be missed. Thank you for letting us know Pixey. 

Rest easy Woodsy. <3 

• Upvote 1

😪    I will miss Woodsy very much. He and I conversed now and then.  He will be greatly missed.

His artwork was beautiful and the contributions to the forum are immeasurable.

May you rest in Peace, Dave.  <3

condolences.gif

• Upvote 1

Although I am fairly new to this Forum and Paint.Net I was always in awe at the remarkable

artistic quality of Woodsy's work, (especially his name sake animation).

I am deeply sorry to hear on Woodsy's passing away, such a devastating loss to the creative

world and to Paint.Net

Roger the Dodger😔

• Upvote 1

Truly tragic news.  😢

Dave aka Woodsy will be a loss to the forum and to his family who I know he absolutely doted on.

He was not only a tremendous artist but an all round good man who suffered a lot he didn't deserve

My sincere condolences to his family at this sad time

Thanks for everything mate

• Upvote 1

Wow, I had no idea. It's such a tragic loss, as he was very talented and obviously a great person. He worked tirelessly on tutorial conversions to pdf. He will be missed by many.

49 minutes ago, TrevorOutlaw said:

I thought this was another fine addition to @Woodsy impressive gallery, and I was shocked to read this news. 

I thought the same.

Rest in Peace, @Woodsy

Horribly tragic news 😞 I didn't get to have a lot of interactions with Woodsy, but I always found myself astonished by the quality of his wooden textures and the advanced artworks in which he used them. No doubt a person made of good wood. So sad he's suffered so much. Hopefully he is finally at peace now 😔

sadness

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear about the death of Woodsy.

He was a master draftsman and a great teacher.

Dave was a humble and selfless man. He spent hundreds of hours on the forum replacing images and archiving tutorials. He did this because he wanted to. That's the sort of guy he was.

I shall miss him and his wonderful wood-works greatly 😥

I'm not a religious man, but I like to imagine Dave is somewhere designing clouds and nebulae for us to enjoy.

Please do spare a thought for his family. They suffered along with him. I imagine their grief must be pretty raw right now.

• Upvote 1

So very sorry to hear this.

I went to the lead post and again admired his remarkable building images. He also had the cleverest animated sig I've seen. The way the letters bunch together after being sawed always amuses me.