Rest in Peace - Woodsy

Woodsy

Fabulous @Woodsy!  <3   Every detail is flawless.

Thanks to you, we have our own western town right here in PDN land!  :D   (glad you're back!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Love it @Woodsy <3 Another great image from that era :) .  Love the cowboy in the window, the tortoise and the horse in the back.  So glad you are able to use PDN again and that you are getting stronger.  Keep 'em coming cowboy ?

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been looking at your work to improve my own Woodsy. 

I  have trouble with my lines mostly.

You have a consistent style and finish which gives the piece an integrity.

I'm a bit all over the shop not that I'm comparing its just a bit obvious.

Your stairwell is the ducks guts mate and I look forward to ripping your techniques in the future.

Best of luck with it all Woodsy  🙂

• Upvote 1

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

10 hours ago, Rickhum said:

You have a consistent style and finish which gives the piece an integrity.

I'm a bit all over the shop not that I'm comparing its just a bit obvious.

That's a kind thing to say @Rickhum! I just have a different style than you.

One isn't better than the other! I've tried the straight up and down technique but couldn't hack it.

I think if you'd try the perspective stuff with Red's Vanishing Point plugin you'd like it. 

The stairwell was done in perspective just different points. Very difficult but thank you.

Edited by Woodsy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dave-Wood.png

It is with great sorrow that I announce the death of our dear friend @Woodsy – Dave Wood on Monday 14th October, 2019.                 .

As some of you may know, he suffered for many years from a congenital illness that affected his back, legs, arms and hands.  However, more recently he was diagnosed with esophageal bone cancer on the 12th September 2019, which spread rapidly to other organs.  He was in a lot of pain after the diagnoses, before going into a coma, at home, on the 1st of October.

I know we will all miss him.  He just loved working with Paint.net, as it helped him get through each day, because of his inability to leave his home.  I had a lot of fun making the art for our collaborations, and he would do the animation.  He also told me how he enjoyed re-vamping the Galleria and working with @Ego Eram Reputo and @ReMake

God Bless @Woodsy may you rest in peace now.

white-candle-giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.