Woodsy

Images by Woodsy

Beautiful buildings. Such a lot to see & admire in all of them. Well done!

Yes, to the folk affected by the recent awful weather, I can really sympathise. I wish everyone to be safe.

• Upvote 2

Great composition again.  It's all so seamlessly done.  The shadowing is excellent.  Such a small thing but not always easy to get right.  Love the cornice work too

One thing (it wouldn't be me if I didn't)  the General Store text sort of jumps out.  Not sure why, but it looks more pasted than painted against everything else.

But that's personal taste and takes nothing away from what is a great piece

... I never want to see another barrel again :P

• Upvote 1

Thank you @welshblue! I agree, shadows may seem insignificant but they add so much to the image. And I didn't notice the sign till after I posted the picture. Oh well! I'll do better next time.

Thank you @JulioCoolio! I'm glad you like my more recent pictures! It's hard to get the realism in pictures like that.

Edited by Woodsy

Is that video new ?  If not how did I miss it.  Love it.  Ingenious and testament to your artistic and animator capabilities.   

I wish I was still of a mind to do doughnuts like at the end ... freaking front wheel drive spoils a lot of fun.  I miss the old days when we drove cars and they weren't like space shuttles in the cockpit ... but I digress

Love the :clapperboard:

Thank you @welshblue! The video has been there since the middle of last year. :P  You probably didn't scroll down far enough. When I was making it I thought the differences in resolution was going to kill me. I too miss signing the street and the smell of tire smoke.

Gotta say that is one of the coolest things I've seen done in a long time.  And considering I'm a member of a few different forums for different software that's saying a lot

Gonna have to up my game I think :Pants:

Simply stunning ... Not sure if falling down them or walking up them would kill me ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ooooh those stairs are just lovely! :star: 

Love the wood texture, the 3D effect, the painting on the wall & the cute little pig. I'm left wondering how it got there :D

• Upvote 1

<3 @Woodsy

WOW. I have my young years in a house accustomed with the spiral stairs. I live it. Excellent. :trophy:

Thank you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

WOW  -  this is just awesome.  You did it again!  I think even Escher would have been jealous of this beautiful piece.  I'm a bit surprised that the owl isn't in there somewhere :lol:.  But I'm not complaining as I love little piggies more than anything.

BTW - did the owl always have a cookie ...... me thinks it's new :D

• Upvote 1

Thank you @lynxster4! Yes, it makes you a little dizzy after awhile.

Thanks @welshblue! I wouldn't say you have to up your game. You do fine with what you do.

Thank you @barbieq25! You're the first one to mention something about the pig. I've had it for awhile just sitting in a file looking up at me. I think it wanted to be there.

Thanks @Seerose! Years ago I lived in a place that had stairs like this.

Thank you @Pixey! As a matter of fact I did look at a couple of Escher's pieces for pointers. Believe it or not he always had the chocolate bar.

Thanks @TrevorOutlaw! I'm glad you feel that way about it. 

Oh wow! This reminds me of the stair-climbing scene in the original Ghostbusters. I think that adorable little piggy needs an elevator!

Honestly, my first thought was that it was a photo of stairs and you added the pig--and then I realized whose gallery I was in. All hail the king of woodgrain!

• Upvote 1

Thank you @Eli! I find it's relaxing just to sit down and work on a picture, no matter how involved it is.

Thanks @LionsDragon! I helped the piggy out of my folder, from there she's on her own. And I just love working with wood! It's nice to be thought of like that though.

• Like 1

Luv the stairwell Woodsey, reminds me of M.C. Escher.

Great textures & building designs also.

Thank you @Rickhum! The Stairs were just thrown together but I appreciate anything said about them.

Edited by Woodsy