How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Monolithic (3D Text Generator) Feb 6, 2022

TechnoRobbo

Some crashes occur when run this plugin with different settings on consecutive transparent layers.

File: D:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\TRsMonolithic.dll
      Name: Text3D.EffectPlugin
      Version: 1.0.5.26132
      Author: ©2015 TechnoRobbo
      Copyright: Creates 3D Text
      Full error message: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.
   at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.GraphicsPath.AddString(String s, FontFamily family, Int32 style, Single emSize, Point origin, StringFormat format)
   at Text3D.EffectPluginConfigDialog.CaptureText(String text, Double thickness, Size SizeHW)
   at Text3D.EffectPluginConfigDialog.hScrollBar_Scroll(Object sender, ScrollEventArgs e)
   at SliderControl.TRSliderCtrl.numericUpDown1_ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at SliderControl.TRSliderCtrl.set_Value(Int32 value)
   at Text3D.EffectPluginConfigDialog.InitDialogFromToken(EffectConfigToken effectTokenCopy)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectConfigDialog.InitDialogFromToken() in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\EffectConfigDialog.cs:line 223
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 946

Repro:
Open PDN
Effects>Text Formations>TR's Monolithic
Put all sliders to maximum values
OK
Add a new layer
Run the plugin again
PDN crashes.

Edited by xod
Add repro steps.

This repros for me (once I installed the latest version). I needed to open the plugin UI for a second time with the sliders maxx'd out.

Exception details:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.

at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.GraphicsPath.AddString(String s, FontFamily family, Int32 style, Single emSize, Point origin, StringFormat format)

at Text3D.EffectPluginConfigDialog.CaptureText(String text, Double thickness, Size SizeHW)

at Text3D.EffectPluginConfigDialog.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Please fix the dialog tool box for this plugin. It will not expand and let me adjust settings.. The plug in that comes with trs plug in pack crashes and I found a newer seperate file that does not crash version 1.06 but the dialog box still will not expand.. Seems like a simple fix but what do I know.. Can you please check your work and revise as needed.. This is an astounding plug in but not kept up with.. Thank you kind amazing sir!

Edited by Kamikaze

Hello @Kamikaze and welcome to the forum :)

I just tested both of @TechnoRobbo's links for his pack, and the one on the first page of this thread, and both did not crash for me.

Which version of paint.net are you using? 

Also, can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing when you try to use the plugin.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

13 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

please read   c a r e fu l l y

There is NO need to be so cheeky.  And ....... you said this:  "The plug in that comes with trs plug in pack crashes "

Please READ the post above your last post.  It is a bug.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• toe_head2001 changed the title to TR's Monolithic (3D Text Generator) Feb 6, 2022
On 4/26/2016 at 10:00 PM, TechnoRobbo said:

TechnoRobbo's Monolithic (3D Text Generator)

Version 1.0.7

Special thanks to the Dwarf Horde for their advice and support

Version 1.0.7 Bug fix for HiDPI

Version 1.0.6 Bug fixes

Version 1.0.5 Bug fixes and optimizations

Version 1.0.4+ Removes the need to press the Enter Key to affect a change in the number boxes

Version 1.0.3+ adds some code to avoid a potential crash

version 1.0.2+ improves anti-aliasing

Menu: Effects -> Text Formations

Greenland.png?raw=1

Instructional Video

TRsMonolithic.zip 24.67 kB · 32 downloads

I do not know how to thank you! This gesture of kindness is just amazing my friend.. Thank you for the update!!! And also thank you for everything you put into this community.. Bolt Bait is also omg amazing and the rest of you.. Reptilian too! 

Trying to use this plugin (using the latest v1.07) but it doesn't seem to show up on the Effects\Text Formation as an option.  I'm using paint.net v4.3.6 and the plugin is definitely showing up in the Effects folder. Any ideas?

PN-Folder.png

PN-Menu.png

22 minutes ago, otuncelli said:

You're not using the latest Paint.NET.

Hey, otuncelli, thanks for your reply, that worked! I have paint.net set tell me when an update is available so I'm surprised it hadn't since the release was back in January. I've actually used paint.net for years but this is the first time I've ever had an issue.  Glad there are understanding and expert folks like yourself here. :)

• Like 1

I can't see custom fonts I installed to Windows in the font selection, I can use them with the basic Paint.net text tool, could you fix that please?

• 4 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 7:07 PM, toe_head2001 said:

@PavelDobCZ23

I can use custom fonts without issue in the plugin.

Please provide an example font that is not working.

Sorry for a very late response. I reinstalled the fonts and it worked just fine, it was probably something to do with Windows.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, JimNintendo said:

Is there an anti-aliasing option?

On page 2 @TechnoRobbo states "I increased the AA to 3X Super-Sampling", so  I believe the result is anti-aliased by default but the preview is low resolution... but I could be wrong!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 5 months later...