How to make black/white color lvls decide Alpha lvl

Zefnoly

I got a specular texture for a character model in black and white. But the software i'm going to use it in needs it to be alpha channel that decides the specular lvl and not RGB channel.

So what i'm asking is if it is a way to make the black color decide the alpha lvl? Like the darker there is the lower is the alpha lvl. Have messed around a little but cant find a way. And google is unable to locate a thread about it.

What you're looking for is called a "mask"

Select your image and copy it, then use the Alpha Mask plugin to do what you're saying to a white canvas

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

What you're looking for is called a "mask"

Select your image and copy it, then use the Alpha Mask plugin to do what you're saying to a white canvas

Thanks for replay. but found a faster solution in blender compositing while waiting that might suited me more due to the fact while i needed to make the color lvl decide the alpha lvl i also needed the RGB channel to be one color but didn't include that part in the post. I might use the plugin for future use.

But people who locate this thread on google can use your answer to find what they need for future solutions.

Edited by Zefnoly