Problem installing paint.net 4.0.9 (SetupFrontEnd.exe)

I recently had to do a restore on my computer and it ended up deleting all my programs. When I tried to redownload paint.net, I keep encountering the window as shown in the picture.

"SetupFrontEnd.exe - This application could not be started.

This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:

.NETFramework,Version=v4.6

Do you want to install this .NET Framework version now?"

Before I come to this screen, I get a screen that says something along the lines of "paint.NET and framework installed", but then when I click okay, the attached picture comes up. When I click yes, I want to install this .NET Framework version, the installation repeats, and this screen comes up again in an infinite cycle until I select no. 

From what I can tell, my computer already does have the .NET framework installed, does anyone know what would be causing this problem? I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit. When I first installed paint.NET on this computer (towards the end of last year) I had no issues.

post-146719-0-54364100-1460433173_thumb.

From what I can tell, my computer already does have the .NET framework installed, does anyone know what would be causing this problem?

Please verify that the .NET Framework v4.6.1 is in fact installed on your system.

Use this utility: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2008/10/13/net-framework-setup-verification-tool-users-guide/

dotnet461.png

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Please verify that the .NET Framework v4.6.1 is in fact installed on your system.

Use this utility: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2008/10/13/net-framework-setup-verification-tool-users-guide/

dotnet461.png

.NET framework 4.6.1 is installed in the system.

You might try a reboot to see if it fixes that problem.

I've tried restarting, redownloading and every other combination I could think of certainly at least 5 times by now.

Thanks though! Anyone have any other tips?