Very basic newbe question about editing text

tkershner

I have placed a rectangle and then typed some text into it.  I noticed that I misspelled a word and I need to fix that.  I can't for the live of me figure out how to do it.  I try to select the text like in a word processor but it won't select.  I am very frustrated and would appreciate some help here.  Thank you very much.

Tod

You can't edit existing text with the text tool.

What you need to do is erase the text and retype it. This is one of the reasons we recommend you place text on its own transparent layer. It makes erasing the old text so much easier.

I think that with EditableText plugin you can edit the text multiple times. Edited by BoltBait
Please don't link to softpedia. All those plugins are really old. Link to this forum instead.

Yes, but you have to have added that text with the plugin in the first place.  And it needs to be on its own layer.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.