Losing saved work after update

I was working on a picture and saved it like I would for any other picture, same way and everything. For whatever reason after I updated it stated that "the directory could not be found." Anyone know a way to get this to work? It's still in my "Open Recent" tab. It just won't open. It is a .pdn file

Hello and welcome to the forum :D .  This possibly means that your file was moved and is still 'lurking' somewhere in another folder.  If you can remember what you named it, please try to locate by searching in the WIndows search bar.  Good luck!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Yes, it may well show up in the Open Recent tab but, if the file has moved to another location on your computer, it won't open it.

Here is an example.  I saved a pdn file to a folder and closed PDN.  I then went to that file and moved it out of the file.  I reopened PDN and it shows in Open Recent, but it can't find the file ....... because I moved it out of the last pace saved.

I then went to Search on my compter and typed in the exact name of the file, and then it shows up.  You must then Right click on that file (top of the window) and click on Open File Location.

X88O74c.png

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi Again ..... if you have found the pdn file (which may have been inadvertantly moved to another file) just click on it and it will re-open in Paint.net and then you can re-save it where ever you want.

I know all of this sounds like double-dutch :| but it's a bit difficult to explain.  Did you find it via the search in Windows? 

30b8T8B.gif