Plugin to stretch/bulge text?

Hello all. Used paint.net for a long time to do simple text manipulation but recently decided I wanted to try something a little more difficult, however, I can't seem to reproduce the effect I want

I'm trying to produce a double-curved text effect like this 

example_zpscnllkusa.png

If I use the bulge tool on my bar of text, only the very center sticks out (makes it look like a bop-it toy) and using a grid-bulge plugin gives me weird transition lines between all the points I adjust. Does anyone know of a plugin that would help me?

Been trying to do this for a long time. I don't think you can. There are several plugins I have tried to do this with but all are as you say.  But maybe someone knows a trick I am not aware of or will come up with a new plugin to prove us wrong. 

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Been trying to do this for a long time. I don't think you can. There are several plugins I have tried to do this with but all are as you say.  But maybe someone knows a trick I am not aware of or will come up with a new plugin to prove us wrong. 

Do you know if there is maybe a way I could modify the way the existing bulge tool works? (i.e. change the x and y of effective area of the bulge)

I been working on a plugin for this. It's basically going to be a free (libre & gratis) alternative to the existing 'Text Pro' plugin.

I think it would be the plugin of the year.
I waiting a long time for something like that free to replace demo Text Pro plugin.
Edited by xod