How to Install Plugins ×

Ruler v1.0 (March 12, 2016)

toe_head2001

A very useful plugin for me.

Thanks toe_head2001.

I tried to play a little with this code in CodeLab 2.11.

But CodeLab working extremely hard even in Windows 10.

It freezes for a little time then recovers and so on.

I wonder if anyone has the same problem because I tried it on multiple systems with the same results.

I wonder if anyone has the same problem because I tried it on multiple systems with the same results.

Yes, this is definitely an issue with CodeLab. For some reason CodeLab doesn't like something in the Switch statement for 'unit'; if you delete the code for that Switch, the issue goes away. I think the slow down may be caused by one of the listener events on the Scintilla control. I will try to isolate the issue, and relay my findings to BoltBait.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thank you, toe_head, and also thanks for the source code! Attached is a small contribution for owners of the vintage PdN.

(My compilation contains a tiny spelling correction, since millimeters takes two ls :))

You are free to distribute your own copy (in accordance with the GPLv3), but the official one I had posted is already compatible with paint.net 3.5.11. This was a special case; I usually don't do this.

Though I had overlooked that typo.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

Apologies, I thought it wasn't compatible with 3.5.11 and so I compiled the source code. I've edited my previous post to remove that compilation.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to find the root of the CodeLab issue. Contrary to my original assumptions, the issue was not caused by my contributed code in v2.11 :P, as the issue is in older versions too.

The good news is that I sent a patch to BoltBait, so it should be resolved when he releases the next version.

bp-sig.png