Creating Adult Caption Comics

I've been using paint.net for many years now, and as an author I am currently working on a project using paint, but I am running into some difficulties.

First off, I'm an erotica writer published on Amazon, and so my question might be offensive or objectionable to some, so if this offends you please stop reading

now. Basically I am having some troubles with my adult erotica comic strip and need help with a delicate issue.

Any replies can be sent privately, or here.

So, what I'm creating is a series of caption comics. I've mastered adding speech bubbles, adjusting for brightness and contrast, and various other

tweaks but when it comes to (and I don't know how to say this tactfully) adding 'man paint' if you catch my drift, I am able to blend and drop shadows,

and even fiddle with the transparency filter and bevel the edges to make it look like the 'paint' is on top of the subject, but I cannot find a way to add

3d texture to the paint itself. SO far, it looks like flat man paint with slightly shadowed edges when it should have contours and blobs. I've experimented

with so many filters and adjustments, but nothing works.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

You are of course welcome to seek help here, but please do keep Rule #12 in mind while posting and post generally (not specifically) or create family-safe images to display any concepts you need to get across.  Thank you!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I am very aware of the sensitive nature of my question, and wont be posting any images. I think we all know what is being discussed, so I'm trying to be discreet.

I'll try that bevel plugin, thank you. I really thought creating this adult themed comic would be easier than this. I appreciate your help.  

I am very aware of the sensitive nature of my question, and wont be posting any images. I think we all know what is being discussed, so I'm trying to be discreet.

I'll try that bevel plugin, thank you. I really thought creating this adult themed comic would be easier than this. I appreciate your help.  

I understand, thank you.  I just wanted to head off any issues before they occurred.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.