[Feature Request] Applying effect to ALL

How to applying effect to all files?

~ 6500 files, need apply one effect from Paint.NET to all files.

Please help, how to do it?

Please add this feature to Paint.NET! This will be very useful.

Edited by Absol

Paint.NET does not have native support for batch processing. There was a plugin available, but it hasn't been updated for 4.0.

What effect do you need to apply? You might try IrfanView, which does do batch processing.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

There was a plugin available, but it hasn't been updated for 4.0.

I took a look a the source code for said plugin a few months ago, and it won't compile with paint.net v4. Rick changed many of paint.net's internals to private, so external assemblies can no longer access them.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Paint.NET does not have native support for batch processing. There was a plugin available, but it hasn't been updated for 4.0.

What effect do you need to apply? You might try IrfanView, which does do batch processing.

I have 7,000 textures resized. (x4 larger than source ) [RGBA]
Need to smooth all edges, etc. (Antialias[AA's_Assistant],Smooth,...)

Unable to add batch files processing to the Paint.NET or developer of Paint.NET thinks that it is required to nobody?

(Sorry if the translation GoogleTranslate is bad. B) )
Edited by Absol

I have 7,000 textures resized. (x4 larger than source ) [RGBA]

Need to smooth all edges, etc. (Antialias[AA's_Assistant],Smooth,...)

Unable to add batch files processing to the Paint.NET or developer of Paint.NET thinks that it is required to nobody?

(Sorry if the translation GoogleTranslate is bad. B) )

You can use IrfanView to do the resizing. I am not sure if there is a way to use that program to smooth the edges or not.

It hasn't been added to Paint.NET natively because it's not a priority for the developer. Not that he doesn't think anyone will need it, but (I think) because it doesn't fit with his vision for the program.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

david.atwell , I have 7,000 resized textures (No need to change the size). Need apply AA's_Assistant effect to all files. And maybe other effects as in Paint.NET.

How to contact with developers Paint.NET?

Edited by Absol

david.atwell , I have 7,000 resized textures (No need to change the size). Need apply AA's_Assistant effect to all files. And maybe other effects as in Paint.NET.

How to contact with developers Paint.NET?

There is only one developer; his name is Rick Brewster, and he reads this forum. By posting here you have already contacted him. :)
  • Upvote 1

I wrote him a message in the PM, but he was very angry :(

There are no other developers? He alone?  :lol:

He probably wasn't angry, just busy.

And yes, he is the only developer, believe it or not! :)

• Upvote 1

It's not going to happen. Paint.net is not designed to work this way. As David said, use IrfanView if you need batch processing capabilities.

Too few effects that can be applied to all files.

Need add this feature to Paint.NET ! 

Now Paint.NET is designed only to work with a maximum of 5-10 files. This is not enough, need add support batch files processing, for work with 1000+ files.

What happened to using The Batch processor with paint.net v3.5.11?

No other solutions are available. Rick Brewster has seen your request. Continuing to ask will not provide an alternative solution any sooner.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

All right, this thread is going in circles.  If Rick has any new information, he can unlock.

Thanks all.