Paint.net Crash Report

Hallo Dear People!

Link: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/107616-create-opalescent-stained-glass/

2x I have tried and 2x paint.net crashed repeatedly.

I wanted to upload "crash report", I do not know how to do that

pdncrash.1.zip

Edited by Seerose

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

The log says

System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.

Hidden Content:
Das Log sagt, dass du nicht genug Arbeitsspeicher (RAM) zur Verfügung hast. Falls im Hintergrund irgendwelchen unnötigen Programme laufen (darauf deuten Threads: 73 hin), beende diese. Das könnte helfen. Du könntest auch mal in den Einstellungen -> Benutzeroberfläche Animationen abschalten.
Edited by david.atwell
English only, please.
  • Upvote 1

Hi Seerose!

I took the liberty of downloading your crash report and also saw the  "System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program".

When I was making my initial creation for the tutorial, my PDN also crashed; like 5 times! I don't know much about what would make it crash, but it could have something to do with the number of steps involved (and I execute them fast).

I simplified the tutorial and cut down on a lot of steps....maybe this will help??

Thanks,

Lynxster4

• Upvote 1

Hi IRON and lynxster!

Thank you very much both of you.   :cake:  :mtdew:  :pizza:  :beer:

I have my "ram" enlarged. 

That is good Seerose; more RAM can never hurt.

But try the tutorial with the simplified steps! My PDN crashed also, for the same reason (insuffient memory), and I have 16 GBs of RAM installed!    :)

Back in the days of paint.net v4.0.5, I would get 'Out of Memory' crashes even when I had plenty of memory free. That issue went away in v4.0.6.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/31397-out-of-memory-crash/

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Back in the days of paint.net v4.0.5, I would get 'Out of Memory' crashes even when I had plenty of memory free. That issue went away in v4.0.6.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/31397-out-of-memory-crash/

(I read the referenced thread).

Mmmmmmm......why both of ours are crashing, I don't really know. We are both using V4.09. I suspect it was the size of the pdn file. When making the 'lily stained glass', you have about 32 layers.

And I'm a 'power user'.....click, click, click.....(maybe I need to s-l-o-w down).    ;)

That is good Seerose; more RAM can never hurt.

But try the tutorial with the simplified steps! My PDN crashed also, for the same reason (insuffient memory), and I have 16 GBs of RAM installed!    :)

Yet again crashed 2x.  :/

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Is anyone going to help you??     :(

Dear lynxster! Problem is not yet solved. I store paint.net-layer often. Otherwise everything is lost.  :)

Thank you for your attention.   :cake:  :mtdew:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Dear lynxster! Problem is not yet solved. I store paint.net-layer often. Otherwise everything is lost.  :)

Thank you for your attention.   :cake:  :mtdew:

Yes Seerose, that's all you can do....SAVE often (like after every step)!!   ;)  That's what I'm doing.  These stained glass pics are very complicated with many layers. Maybe we are over-taxing PDN?

Yes Seerose, that's all you can do....SAVE often (like after every step)!!   ;)  That's what I'm doing.  These stained glass pics are very complicated with many layers. Maybe we are over-taxing PDN?

Yes, SAVE, save, save...  ;)

Edited by Seerose
  • Upvote 1

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I assume the crash is a result of the large number of layers. In the original thread, I describe a modification which requires only a few layers, since all the glass pieces are created in a single layer. When I tried it, it seemed to produce an almost identical result, and I find it somewhat easier, also.

• Upvote 1

I assume the crash is a result of the large number of layers. In the original thread, I describe a modification which requires only a few layers, since all the glass pieces are created in a single layer. When I tried it, it seemed to produce an almost identical result, and I find it somewhat easier, also.

Yes, " the large number of layers." Thank you very much for your answer.  :cake:  :mtdew: 

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mackenzieh - I'm sure someone else will look at your crash log and have a better idea than I do, but it seems you have an awful lot of Plugins.  I'd suggested you 'weed out' a lot of the ones you never use.  It does help to Spring Clean them from time to time and does help Paint.net to run better.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I hope the crash report is more helpful to trained eyes than it was to mine. To me, it appeared to contain very little useful information on what was occurring at the moment of the crash. I expected a stack trace, but didn't see one.