I just wanted to say thanks.

A_Pickle

Well, I'm still using Paint.NET.

I know I haven't been active in these forums for awhile, but I still use the golden program and even surf the topics every so often. Today, I was using the program to make a little computer teaching guide for my computer inept parents, using Microsoft Word 2007 and Paint.NET. To my delight, I saw that Paint.NET wanted to update to version 3.35. As is customary for me whenever Paint.NET requests an update, I click the "More info" link to the Paint.NET changelog/roadmap and read all about the new bells and whistles, changes and fixes... and I thought to myself just how much attention to detail and professionalism this development team manifests.

Seriously, plus and minus signs next to the cursors? It's not a biggie -- but it helps. I can't tell you how many times I wish there was some kind of onscreen indicator that I was holding down the proper key for the action I wanted, and now there is one. And then all of the fixes, including the no longer ultra-laggy selection box... I mean, that's icing on the cake. I've been waiting for that one like I'd been waiting for a good ATI graphics card -- and my waiting has panned out for the latter, so I can only assume that it will for the former.

You guys are awesome, and I just wanted to say thanks for making the best image editor on the planet. Thanks for making it trim and fast, thanks for making it have the best interface ever, and thanks for making it the GIMP killer it is. I don't know if I've donated to the cause before, but as soon as I can, I certainly will. Keep 'em coming, guys. :D

Photobucket - Blog

Newest Film: Beowulf (Feel free to PM me comments, criticisms)

• 3 weeks later...