Unhandled Exception Error

cpyap

I have encounter this error by mistake and it can easily be reproduced.

All you need to do is to load up Paint.NET, then click resize, and put 0. Paint.NET will crash with unhandled exception.

I have encounter this error by mistake and it can easily be reproduced.

All you need to do is to load up Paint.NET, then click resize, and put 0. Paint.NET will crash with unhandled exception.

Oh!    I'll not be doing that then :roll: .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Not with an actual version 4.0.9. There you can't put a value of "0" and click OK. The Button will be grayed out. So take the actual version ;)

• Upvote 1

Actually this does happen in the latest version.

Press 0 followed by Enter very quickly.

So... for now, just don't do that.

This text file was created because paint.net crashed. Please e-mail this to crashlog4@getpaint.net so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: paint.net 4.0.10 (β 4.10.5854.30407)

Time of crash: 2016-02-27 7:29:33 PM

Application uptime: 00:00:02.8322342

Application state: Running 

Working set: 123,824 KiB

Threads: 60

Install directory: C:\Program Files\paint.net

Current directory: C:\Program Files\paint.net

OS Version: 10.0.10586.0 Workstation x64

.NET version: CLR 4.0.30319.42000 x64, FX 4.6

Processor: 16x "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W 0 @ 3.10GHz" @ ~3100MHz (DEP, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4_1, SSE4_2, XSAVE)

Physical memory: 65484 MB

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (v:10DE, d:17C8, r:161), Microsoft Basic Render Driver (v:1414, d:8C, r:0)

Hardware acceleration: True (default: True)

UI animations: True

UI DPI: 96.00 dpi (1.00x scale)

UI theme: Aero/Aero + DWM (Aero.msstyles)

Updates: True, 2016-02-28

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: en-US, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Flags: 

Exception details:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

at PaintDotNet.Rendering.TileMathHelper..ctor(Int32 sourceWidth, Int32 sourceHeight, Int32 tileEdgeLog2) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Rendering\TileMathHelper.cs:line 42

at PaintDotNet.Actions.ResizeAction.PerformAction(DocumentWorkspace docWorkspace) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Actions\ResizeAction.cs:line 240

at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.PerformAction(DocumentWorkspaceAction action) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 962

at PaintDotNet.Menus.ImageMenu.OnMenuImageResizeClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\ImageMenu.cs:line 173

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.PerformClick()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.PdnMenuItem.OnShortcutKeyPressed(Keys keys) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\PdnMenuItem.cs:line 177

at PaintDotNet.PdnBaseForm.ProcessFormHotKey(Keys keyData) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\PdnBaseForm.cs:line 1019

at PaintDotNet.PdnBaseForm.ProcessCmdKeyData(Keys keyData) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\PdnBaseForm.cs:line 1075

at PaintDotNet.PdnBaseForm.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\PdnBaseForm.cs:line 1059

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
  • Upvote 2

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Actually this does happen in the latest version.

Press 0 followed by Enter very quickly.

Oh, indeed! But I believe, thats not a real problem for most users in this special combination. Since I use paint.net I've never clicked (quickly) ENTER after typing a value for resizing or whatever.

Ok, I just double checked that I'm in the Actual Version 4.0.9, and also double-checked that there is no update available.

The problem is, even when the "Ok" button is greyed out, you can still hit enter, which is what I did by mistake. You don't have to do it like very quick. Even if you wait for a minute then press "Enter", it still happen.

So I just take time and register to report a problem so that the developer can make the software better for everyone, so I don't quite get why this started to get a bit hostile.

Edit: I also run a quick check that if you try to resize canvas or start a new file with 0, and press enter, nothing will happen. So this is just an unhandled error in re-sizing the image. I was actually try to resize my image to some size (eg 100) but missed the "1" button, so when I hit enter, it crashed".

Edited by cpyap
  • Upvote 1

Well done for reporting the bug cpyap, B)

I'm sure Rick (the developer) is grateful for the feedback.

Welcome to the forum too!
- It's not normally hostile, perhaps regular users are just a little 'over-protective' of their favourite graphics software. ;)

• Upvote 2

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I certainly had no intension of being 'hostile' to the poster :( ................ my comment was meant as - "Thanks for the FYI - I won't be doing that :/ .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

And in case, that it was my second post, which seems "hostile": I do not overprotect PDN. My words were meant exactly as they are there and nothing else. An interpretation in a hostile manner is unnecessary.

All right, everybody.  Let's stay on topic here.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.