Picasa to shut down May 1, 2016

FYI, for those that store their pictures at Picasa... Google has decided to EOL the service.

Read the announcement: http://googlephotos.blogspot.com/2016/02/moving-on-from-picasa.html

Google's other photo service, Google Photos, will live on.

FYI=For Your Information

EOL=End of Life

Picasa=Photo storage site

Does this announcement affect you?

• Upvote 1

I have Picasso on my computer, but have rarely used it.  I found it a bit too complicated and will not miss it.  Thanks for the heads up though :beer: .

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I have Picasso on my computer, but have rarely used it.  I found it a bit too complicated and will not miss it.  Thanks for the heads up though :beer: .

I used to have it on my old PC, but after an upgrade I never got round to re-installing it. I liked the quick edit features of it, but now on windows 10 there are apps on the store that can "quick edit" photo's. Personally I won't miss it, but I am sure many will. 

HFuQlot.png

I never got to use it. Whenever I need to upload and share images, I either use photobucket or postimage (mainly the latter lately). I've used directupload in the past, but I stopped the moment I realized that my images didn't last much there (I guess they do when one pays the fee). I only hope the two services I currently use are not planning to EOL their service in the near future.

Never used Picasa. I don't use any version of online storage for anything important like photos for obvious reasons like this one. If I want to share a photo, I'll just email,text or upload to wherever.

Paid services are usually your best bet at avoiding that sort of thing.  Dropbox, Drive, etc.  There are free versions, of course, but because there is a paid version, the service is much less likely to go away.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.