Older version

I'm looking for an older version, this one keeps crashing. Can't find any other than the most recent download. I use paint.net for ages now and do lightweight editing with it. Recent versions sometimes seize, it seems to get worse for me with every update. a 2 year old verison would be great, then i'll be sure if it is my pc or not.

Edited by djesper

Hmmm ..... sounds like your computer perhaps?  You don't say what OS you have.  There are still some old versions available, but will not be supported on this forum.  Do be careful when downloading from any other site than here.  I think FileHippo is safe ...... but check it out carefully before you do:  http://filehippo.com/download_paint.net/15781/

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I wanted to avoid sites like that, but did already find another version 3.5.11. This older version works fine, the 4.0.9 version stalled mostly in the layer menu and i use many layers. I lost a lot of work and was ready to find other software. But neh i like paint.net and it always served me well. As i said it got worse every update. Pretty sure it is not my pc failing and will gladly use the 3.5 version instead. I run 64 bit win7 and got the other version here <virus site snipped>

Edited by BoltBait

I wanted to avoid sites like that, but did already find another version 3.5.11. This older version works fine, the 4.0.9 version stalled mostly in the layer menu and i use many layers. I lost a lot of work and was ready to find other software. But neh i like paint.net and it always served me well. As i said it got worse every update. Pretty sure it is not my pc failing and will gladly use the 3.5 version instead. I run 64 bit win7 and got the other version here <virus site snipped>

Oh dear - you downloaded it from the wrong place :(.  You had better run a virus check on your computer right away  :lightning: .

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Oh dear - you downloaded it from the wrong place :(.  You had better run a virus check on your computer right away  :lightning: .

Did i?   ;) not worried though. So is there a official download page for older versions? Because people will search for it...like i did. If there is a official download please tell me, otherwise i'll just stick with this one. Thanks for the warning.

I don't think you quite understand what you may have downloaded from that site.  Please read this.

No, there is NO official site for older versions.  And ...... yes, lots of people do what you've done and then wonder why paint.net doesn't work.  You should take this seriously.

30b8T8B.gif

There is no official download - older versions are simply not supported.

Instead of downloading a virus inflated scam-bag version of paint.net, you could probably do a search for "Safe paint.net 3.5.11" and look for trusted websites. Your PC might already be in for some trouble now though, since you did download that nasty version of paint.net.

However, I would also suggest posting the issues you are having with your 4.0 versions of paint.net, perhaps the people here could help you figure out your issues and then get the most up to date paint.net working for you.

Both old and new paint.net are pretty good.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Instead of downloading a virus inflated scam-bag version of paint.net, you could probably do a search for "Safe paint.net 3.5.11" and look for trusted websites. Your PC might already be in for some trouble now though, since you did download that nasty version of paint.net.

However, I would also suggest posting the issues you are having with your 4.0 versions of paint.net, perhaps the people here could help you figure out your issues and then get the most up to date paint.net working for you.

Both old and new paint.net are pretty good.

Scanned and am scanning thoroughly, will take it serious but don't seem to have a virus as i suspected. Opened a topic mentioning the layer menu errors that got me here in the first place. I checked, but have no previous setups other than the one i just downloaded. Googling "Safe paint.net 3.5.11" or alike brings up sites that i personally don't trust and mention being virus free so much it is awkward. I never downloaded or use paint.net plugins. Too bad there is no archive hosted by the paint.net developer. It seems people search for older versions otherwise those other sites wouldn't exist. Thanks for the warnings.

We've heard all of the arguments about supporting older versions, but it doesn't erase the fact that we're a small number of volunteers working on this forum.  We just don't have the time to support anything but the latest versions.

I'm going to lock this thread.  Feel free to open a new thread if you're having problems with the latest version.

Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.