How to Install Plugins ×

Save for Web with RIOT (Radical Image Optimization Tool)

null54

Release version 1.0.8.

Changes:

• Updated RIOT to version 1.0.1.
  • Show a placeholder Effect dialog when launching RIOT.
  • Use a memory mapped file when transferring the image to RIOT.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 9 months later...
55 minutes ago, arana said:

Any plans on releasing for 64 bit RIOT version?

Unfortunately, the RIOT DLL that 3rd-party developers can use has not been updated for 64-bit.

There also would be an issue with the FreeImage DLL dependency, both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions have the same name.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

38 minutes ago, arana said:

Have downloaded both and the 32 and also the 64 have their proper developer dirs with instructions

for the api instructions and dll exported functions

I tried that and only the '32bit version archive (for developers and advanced users)' has the RIOT DLL, the other downloads only have the RIOT exe.

PdnSig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Plugin v1.0.8, PDN v4.3.11 from MS Store, Windows 10 x64, triggers prompt to install .NET Framework 3.5. Seems to be triggered by "RIOTProxy.exe".

Expected? It's not mentioned in this thread or in the GitHub repo.

image.png.3c609522168b15fdad0bbad4ba6285ca.png

Edited by olavrb

1 hour ago, olavrb said:

Expected? It's not mentioned in this thread or in the GitHub repo.

Yes, RIOTProxy.exe is built against .NET 3.5.

PdnSig.png

On 7/8/2022 at 2:27 AM, null54 said:

I tried that and only the '32bit version archive (for developers and advanced users)' has the RIOT DLL, the other downloads only have the RIOT exe.

"64bit version archive (XNView MP, GIMP 64 bit)" also has Riot.dll.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:50 AM, null54 said:

There also would be an issue with the FreeImage DLL dependency, both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions have the same name.

You can alter metadata and change referenced FreeImage.dll name via an hex editor (or coding). (It'll work as long as they have the same length.  FreeImg32.dll / FreeImg64.dll would be good names). This might break the copyright though, I'm not sure.

B7VTKdG.png

Edited by otuncelli

7 hours ago, otuncelli said:

"64bit version archive (XNView MP, GIMP 64 bit)" also has Riot.dll.

Without an ARM64 DLL I would still need RIOTProxy.exe.

PdnSig.png

• 1 year later...

Release version 1.0.9.

Changes:

• Converted the plugin to a Paint.NET 5 BitmapEffect
  • Updated RIOT to version 2023.9
  • Removed the .NET 3.5 dependency from RIOTProxy
  • Provide the document resolution info to RIOT
  • Added high-DPI icons
  • Like 2

PdnSig.png

42 minutes ago, null54 said:

Release version 1.0.9.

Changes:

• Converted the plugin to a Paint.NET 5 BitmapEffect
  • Updated RIOT to version 2023.9
  • Removed the .NET 3.5 dependency from RIOTProxy
  • Provide the document resolution info to RIOT
  • Added high-DPI icons

Thanks a lot for update, but i guess can't save photo.

Edited by user.by

1 hour ago, user.by said:

Thanks a lot for update, but i guess can't save photo.

I have no idea what the issue could be. It should show an error message if it crashed or failed to load RIOT.

RIOTProxy is a statically linked C++ executable, there should not be any dependency issues that keep it from launching.

I had noticed that RIOT may take a while to show its UI with larger images, and it would not even start when I tested it with a 4 GB image.

PdnSig.png

9 minutes ago, null54 said:

I have no idea what the issue could be. It should show an error message if it crashed or failed to load RIOT.

RIOTProxy is a statically linked C++ executable, there should not be any dependency issues that keep it from launching.

I had noticed that RIOT may take a while to show its UI with larger images, and it would not even start when I tested it with a 4 GB image.

Only Standalone version and XnView plugin is work, Gimp (since 2023.7 they says fixed but not fixed ) and Paint.Net Plugins gives error.

13 minutes ago, user.by said:

Only Standalone version and XnView plugin is work, Gimp (since 2023.7 they says fixed but not fixed ) and Paint.Net Plugins gives error.

What error? It was working when I tested it.

PdnSig.png

6 hours ago, user.by said:

Maybe you can check it why?

That is probably a bug in RIOT, I had also noticed the 2 time save issue when testing the plugin.

There is nothing in Paint.NET 5.10 beta that should affect the Paint.NET RIOT plugin.

PdnSig.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, user.by said:

Can you update to new version 2023.12.0.

Done.

Release version 1.0.11, which updates RIOT to version v2023.12.0.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png