How to Install Plugins ×

Edge Expander

MJW

• 4 weeks later...

Edge Expander can be used to remove thin scratches from photos:

1. Erase the scratches with the Eraser Tool.

2. Duplicate the layer.

3. Use the Edge Expander on the lower layer.

scratch-edge-expander-4e819cd.gif

Edited by Eli
  • Upvote 8

Dear Eli! Thank you so much. This is a very good method.  :cake:  :mtdew:

Edited by Seerose

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 5 months later...

Very interesting, Eli!

In my initial comment I said:

Though the plugin was mostly written as an experiment, I can think of a few possible uses for it, including softening edges for antialiasing and as a sort of more flexible Crystallize effect, which I'll explain in a follow-up comment.

I never did post a follow-up comment, but that's the type of thing I had in mind. The effect is much like Crystallize, except the distribution of the centers (and therefore the distribution and size of the cells) can be modified.

• 3 months later...

IS it possible to use this feature to match the "expand image" feature in Micrographix's Picture Publisher 10 where you can "add" some additional blank cells to an image

I want to add / paste an image alongside an existing image so the final result is as if the two were stuck with selotape

Edited by DuggleB

• 5 weeks later...

It's OK, I worked out that the Expand Canvas "sort of" does what I want, the nice thing about the Micrographix solution was that you could expand all 4 edges by differing amounts, whereas the Paint.Net solution old extends the Right & bottom edge

Not so. Anchor the existing image to the center and the canvas will be enlarged around all four sides.

• 4 months later...

Great plugin and what the community does with it looks exciting!

I was looking for something which, after an hour of searching and playing with your plugin, I learned is called 'blur fill'.

You plugin does something similar. From the posts, I can see how the alpha fade is useful in cases the result will be placed on top of another layer.

In cases like mine, with single images, I think it would be great to be have the option to blur fade. Maybe with checkboxes  allowing to even select both fade blur & alpha.

• 3 years later...