Flip vertical/horizontal functionality switched

Aggror

Using the 4.0.9 version, 64 bit.

I think the options Flip Horizontally and Flip Vertically are switched. Both for layer and image editing, the icon indicates what your want to do, but the text says the opposite.

The screenshot below is showing the layer menu. Note how the icon for the 'Flip horizont' is different to the text. Same thing goes for the Flip vertical option. 

post-145346-0-20175200-1452604724_thumb.

Same thing goes for the image menu

post-145346-0-16807300-1452604730_thumb.

Edited by Aggror

Sorry for the confusion but perhaps I am seeing this all wrong. This is how I am looking at it:

post-145346-0-63043200-1452610433_thumb.

• My original image is 1.
  • I then want the image to it look like 2.
  • I would say you need to flip on the horizontal red line (x-axis) which contradicts the text near the icon. (the icon would still be correct)
Edited by Aggror

Sorry for the confusion but perhaps I am seeing this all wrong. This is how I am looking at it:

attachicon.gifflip horizontal axis.jpg

• My original image is 1.
  • I then want the image to it look like 2.
  • I would say you need to flip on the horizontal red line (x-axis) which contradicts the text near the icon. (the icon would still be correct)

your image would make sense if it said "mirror horizontally". But it says flip. For me that is a difference :P

You'll get used to it.

Edited by pagefault
  • Upvote 1

so flipping horizontally means rotating 180 degrees around a vertical axis.

NB. around a vertical axis ... so through the picture plane ... like turning the pages of a book with acetate leaves. Exactly the same as "flipping" or "mirroring".

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg