Quick Question!

Jrr

Hello there, 

I am new to the program and I am enjoying using it. Though I am running into a few problems when just say like for example I am drawing a circle the inner line is bold dark black but it fades out into grey around the edges of the line. So when you go to fill that circle with the fill tool there are spots that are not filled near the inner rim of the circle. 

So basically lines and more are very pixelated with the color fading out, where I want a smooth line.

Please help, do I need a plugin?

Edited by Jrr

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, please do edit your subject title to something more descriptive like "Pixelated Selection/Line tool fix". 

Pixelation occurs when we try to make curves because pixels are square. Ever tried to make a circle with rectangular or square Lego blocks?

Fix is to:

1. Increase the size of your canvas - 4 times the finished size works very well. Once you reduce it again when you are done it will look so much smoother. Promise :D
  2. Increase the tolerance of the Magic Wand/Paint Bucket settings.
  3. You could also use Gaussian Blur at low tolerance or Feather Object & AA Assistant. I recommend putting the colour on its own layer & that way you can take it a bit past the inner edges of the shape.

Hope this helps a bit. If not please do post images.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, please do edit your subject title to something more descriptive like "Pixelated Selection/Line tool fix". 

Pixelation occurs when we try to make curves because pixels are square. Ever tried to make a circle with rectangular or square Lego blocks?

Fix is to:

1. Increase the size of your canvas - 4 times the finished size works very well. Once you reduce it again when you are done it will look so much smoother. Promise :D
  2. Increase the tolerance of the Magic Wand/Paint Bucket settings.
  3. You could also use Gaussian Blur at low tolerance or Feather Object & AA Assistant. I recommend putting the colour on its own layer & that way you can take it a bit past the inner edges of the shape.

Hope this helps a bit. If not please do post images.

I'll give it a go soon, thanks.