Install/Uninstall Issues Not Solved by Mega-thread On Subject (Windows 10)

So I have been reading through this: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/692-install-update-or-uninstall-trouble-read-this/and am still experiencing issues trying to uninstall paint.net. I am using Windows 10 if it is of importance.

When I first downloaded and tried to install paint.net I placed it in the wrong directory and lot's of loose files where amongst categorized folders - So after moving each file/folder that I downloaded into a new folder, it of course failed as I changed the location. In the INSTALL, UPDATE, OR UNINSTALL TROUBLE? READ THIS. thread (linked above) it notes that this can render the installer/uninstaller "horribly confused". And to solve this just move the files back to their original location, however I've deleted them - and I cannot reinstall the files back to their original location. Every time I try I just get "Fatal Error Occured During Installation" and only the 'Staging' files gets installed.

Also in my Apps and Features section of control panel .NET Framework isn't showing up - after trying to install the program off it's site it tells me that I've already got it installed on my PC. And each time I attempt to uninstall paint.net I just get: http://i.imgur.com/qjtIahP.jpg

So because I deleted the files, instead of moving them back to their original place have I doomed myself for good? Do you think this could be a Windows 10 issue? I tried downloading the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility ( it failed to install every time. I was installing the program on my hard-drive not my local disc where my program files are if that means anything.

Thank you very much for reading, appreciate any help.

Fixed.

Edited by pepperdom

Use either the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility or Revo Uninstaller to remove the remnants of the previous installation.

Failing that, can you roll back to a previous restore point?