Anyone have a link to an older version that will work in PDN v3.5.11?

*** Never mind, I found one in the deep recesses of my HDD.

Edited by dipstick

dipstick, You've been on the forum long enough to know that only the latest version of Paint.NET is supported. You're on your own for requests like that.

Does the plug-in work with Windows 10?  I ask because all seem to load and are available, but I am not finding Smudge under Tools.  I have approved the DLL.

Does the plug-in work with Windows 10?  I ask because all seem to load and are available, but I am not finding Smudge under Tools.  I have approved the DLL.

I have Windows 10 and Smudge, in Tools, works for me.

bobsully - welcome to the forum! ;)

Note that Smudge can be found under Effects/Tools, not the Pdn 'Tools' window.
Sorry if you knew that already and yes it works with windows 10.

1 hour ago, DuraMater said:

I used to have the smudge tool, but on my last update of paint.NET, it seems to have disappeared.  Does that mean I have to pay for it now?

I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion, but the Smudge plugin is still free (gratis & libre).

You probably have an old incompatible version of Smudge. Try downloading it anew.

18 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion, but the Smudge plugin is still free (gratis & libre).

You probably have an old incompatible version of Smudge. Try downloading it anew.

When I tried to do that, it seemed that a donation was required.  Do you have a link where I can find it?  Thanks toe-head2001.  :)

EDIT:  Sorry, I did find the link to download the zip file from pyrochild.  Unfortunately I got an error message when I tried to unzip the file.  Any advice?

EDIT 2: I tried a tactic that worked once before, which was unzipping the file in the download folder, then cutting and pasting directly to the paint.NET folder.  It sort of worked, but Norton flagged two of the components as dangerous and deleted them: grid warp.dll and gradient mapping.dll.  Smudge doesn't even show up.  Has anyone else had this problem?

pyrochild plugins access failure.png

Edited by DuraMater

1 hour ago, DuraMater said:

EDIT 2: I tried a tactic that worked once before, which was unzipping the file in the download folder, then cutting and pasting directly to the paint.NET folder.  It sort of worked, but Norton flagged two of the components as dangerous and deleted them: grid warp.dll and gradient mapping.dll.  Smudge doesn't even show up.  Has anyone else had this problem?

It is well known in the forum that it is a Norton problem. The file is safe but Norton treats it as a dangerous file.