Sign in to follow this  
pyrochild

Color Match

If the user has two layers: the origional layer and the source layer, instead of having to save the source layer and run your plugin they would be able to simply change the blend mode of the source layer to act as that on the layers below.

In that case, barkbark00 is right. That's not what blend modes are designed for. The blend-mode architecture would have to be completely redesigned, and performance would likely be hideous.

Blend modes compare a single pixel with the pixel at the same coordinates on the layer below. One simple, quick calculation per pixel. Color Match has to scan the entire source image before any changes can be applied to the destination canvas.

Didn't realise the discussion I had created :oops:

I wasn't suggesting doing it, I said it would be better as a blending mode, I know it isn't feasibly possible. Just talking :)

Not sure if this counts as necroposting but..

I downloaded Colormatch. I tried it. Clicked the 'Browse' and got a crashlog for an "unhandled error". I read all the replys on this topic and downloaded the pyrochild.effects.common.dll (again :D ). Tried again. Did not work. Downloaded the effect (again). Did not work. Downloaded Pyrochild pack (again :mrgreen: ) and tried. Guess what? Didn't work. (And BTW, I know how to install plugins :wink: )

Sent the crashlog every time. Are there any other known problems than the missing pyrochild.etc.dll?

EDIT: Tried again once more and now it worked.. :shock: I should complain about things more often :P Thanks nonetheless

I had the same problem,but I recently figured out that you don't have to click 'Browse' as long as the picture's in the clipboard.GREAT PLUG-IN Pyrochild!

There was a change in v3.5.3 that causes Browse to crash. Now, of course this is in code that isn't "for plugin use" but the fix is easy enough ... v3.5.4 will fix this without needing a new version of this plugin.

Not sure if this counts as necroposting but..

I downloaded Colormatch. I tried it. Clicked the 'Browse' and got a crashlog for an "unhandled error". I read all the replys on this topic and downloaded the pyrochild.effects.common.dll (again :D ). Tried again. Did not work. Downloaded the effect (again). Did not work. Downloaded Pyrochild pack (again :mrgreen: ) and tried. Guess what? Didn't work. (And BTW, I know how to install plugins :wink: )

Sent the crashlog every time. Are there any other known problems than the missing pyrochild.etc.dll?

The same thing happened to me since the last update of paint.net. it happens all the time. Any help is wellcome.

Oops, I never noticed. Didn't see the bug report either, apparently. For now, use the workaround of copying the source image into the clipboard and using that instead of browsing for it.