Advice on Redrawing an Image

Ah, I see, I probably should of said, but I tried to do something about the text covering the characters using the colour picker tool and the line/curve tool, and managed to somewhat fix the right characters arm covered with the text, but when I tried to fix the background, the same method wouldn't work due to the way the colour in the background blends.

For the background, use your color picker to pick colors on both sides of the text (right click to pick for secondary color), then select around the text, add a new layer, and make a gradient across the selection. Deselect, then use gaussian blur to blend the edges.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Hello.

You could try this tutorial: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/19117-the-subterranean-copypaste-blues/

If you want to redraw the picture and anime characters, you could try doing some youtube searches. There used be quite a few paint.net "how to" videos for using paint.net to trace anime, recolor anime, and draw manga (one of my fave videos was an old one tracing/coloring Haruki Suzumiya). Try using some key words for your search, like, "Paint.net how to draw manga" or "paint.net how to trace anime".

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles