Selective colour effects

Hello and again sorry for my bad English,

is there a plugin doing this automatically?

In former times when using photoshop elements, there was a plugin for a colour photo.

The photo was then black and white and only one part, eg. a rose stayed red.

I know this either by clicking on a part oftthe photo and the plugin itself knows then, what to colour, e.g. the rose. Another possibility is that the plugin shows some parts of the photo, that can be coloured, e.g. one car on a street, da tree on the photo... and then you only select which suggested part you want to colour and then say in which color.

I know you can do that per hand with layers, eg. but I'm asking for a quick method for hobby. Or lets better say for my work as a teacher. So the students get a focus on the searched item/vocybulary, but also see the rest of the photo and we can talk about it. So I do not need professional photo quality but a plugin that does this quick and ok.

Many greetings and thank you for any hint in advance

Oh, I just want to say I tried it by using the search with "selective colour effects" but I did not find a thing or let's better say maybe I did not understand what was said there.

Edited by sanni

I think sanni is looking to automate the Pleasantville effect.

If I'm correct, this is the plugin you want http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=16425

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to both of you. I tried aroud with both. Each has posotive and negative sides. But I can work with them in a good way.

I wish all a happy new year.

@Eli

For me being a teacher is the best job in the world. :) 

But thank you you aprecciate this job, It is nice to read.