Can't Install Paint.net!

post-144993-0-60525300-1450569028_thumb.

So I just got my laptop fixed and now it has windows 10. It got rid of all my installed programs so I decided to install them again. I went onto the paint.net website and downloaded version 4.0.6 which is the version I originally had. About half way through the installation this message came up. (The one in the picture) I don't know how to fix it and need help urgently. I paid $165 to get it fixed and I use thi program daily so I didn't pay that much for nothing. Please help :(

OK, try downloading the PDN v.4.06 installer again so you have a new installer file.

Another thing I can think of is right clicking the installer file of Paint.NET, Properties>>Compatibility and run it as compatibility mode for either Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1, then run the installer file. See if it continues this time.

Else, maybe you should try an earlier version of Paint.NET and its available for download on some website called Filehippo. Its not officially authorized by the PDN developer to host downloading of earlier versions of this program but from there, you're at your own risk.

OK, try downloading the PDN v.4.06 installer again so you have a new installer file.

Another thing I can think of is right clicking the installer file of Paint.NET, Properties>>Compatibility and run it as compatibility mode for either Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1, then run the installer file. See if it continues this time.

Else, maybe you should try an earlier version of Paint.NET and its available for download on some website called Filehippo. Its not officially authorized by the PDN developer to host downloading of earlier versions of this program but from there, you're at your own risk.

bump, problem is still there.

Hi there,

I too had a similar problem, with Windows 10 Professional (64 bit). I saw a suggestion on another topic on this forum, which suggested running Uninstaller Pro from Revo. I downloaded this application and used it to delete all the references to Paint.NET on my computer and then re downloaded Paint.NET v 4.06 and successfully installed it.

John