Making a template.

Hi.

I'm new in using Paint.net, and I'm having some problems that I hope anyone in here can help me with. I have an attached file and I want to know, if it's possible to do a template/pattern like that in Paint.net? I also have some essues when I set the size of a pic. When I have made one size and print it out, it's not that size. I don't print my image to match an A4 paper.

Hope you can help me.

Greetings from Karina.

Hi Karina. Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately there is no attached image.

When you attach an image you need to;

1. Click on Choose File

2. Choose the file you want

3. Click on the button just below the Choose File one Attach This File

Matching image size with print is best understood & explained by reading David Atwell's wonderful article here

Hope this helps you. Please upload the image again & we will do our best to help you.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Yes a template like that can be constructed. We'd need to know more details of exactly what you want to do with it.

Looks like you're into book folding. Did you know there is a plugin which automates the process? Have a look at this... http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/32439-pixelcounter-2/

RE: printing.

The usual problem with screen images not matching the print size is that the density of the two don't match. Your screen is probably running at 96 pixels per inch while the printer is probably in the range of 150 to 300 dots per inch.

This excellent tutorial on the subject might help explain http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/17049-dpi-and-you-understanding-resolution-for-print-and-web/

Very briefly the resolution is to either lower the print resolution to that of your screen (looks awful) or raise the pixel dimensions (i.e. make the image height and width larger) to match the print density.

Hi Ego Eram Reputo.Yes, I'm into bookfolding ;) I looked at the file that's about pixelcounter, but can I make a file that looks like the one I linked to and can I change the numbers. The numbers is to tell you the page number in a book, but if I f.ex. need a template to a book with more or less pages, will I then be able to make a new one? Hope you can help :) I haven't got time to look at the tutorial about the print issue, but I'll do that. Thanks for your reply.

Paint.net does not have an automatic way of adding or changing the numbers. That's going to be such a long and tedious manual process that I think you would be better looking for an alternative.

Have you considered Excel? It would be much faster and give you options to quickly renumber the page sequence.

• 5 months later...