Colorful Imagery

Hey everyone,

Is it possible to make pictures like these using paint. If so would any of you be so kind as to undertake making something similar &...maybe explaining how you did it. I attempted it a few times using the "paint bucket" but the colors got out of hand and would bleed onto other parts of the photo.

Thanks,

nidif

I believe you can go to Adjustments > Hue/Saturation Then for the rest of the images i guess you could play around

with the settings In Adjustments to get your desired result.

I tried that as well, and it didn't seem to give the picture any bright vibrant colors - all it did was change the pre-existing ones to be darker or lighter...

Color

Hello, Nidif, welcome to the forums.

First of all, this has been posted in the wrong section, questions like these belong in General Discussion and Questions. You should read the rules before posting any further.

Now, to answer your question, you will want to have the Gradient Mapping plug-in (search it up). You may also wish to read a tutorial on Gradient Mapping.

Pick the colors you wish to transform the image into, and then follow the tutorial to alter the image.

Alternatively, you could follow this tutorial for a pop art style image, or even this tutorial.

Hope this helps!

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Hello, Nidif, welcome to the forums.

First of all, this has been posted in the wrong section, questions like these belong in General Discussion and Questions. You should read the rules before posting any further.

Now, to answer your question, you will want to have the Gradient Mapping plug-in (search it up). You may also wish to read a tutorial on Gradient Mapping.

Pick the colors you wish to transform the image into, and then follow the tutorial to alter the image.

Alternatively, you could follow this tutorial for a pop art style image, or even this tutorial.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much! I'll look at those tutorials. ;-)

Well I tried all the suggestions on here, including using that gradient plug-in...all to no avail. Basically what happened w/ the gradient plug-in is that it would modify the color of the entire photograph - you can't just change the color of your hair or shirt or back ground in the photo. Also the colors don't look like the colors you'd find in the paint bar but rather more inverted & hard on the eyes.

Any other suggestions or is it just impossible to make these kinds of images in paint?

If you'll look again, everything in the pictures has the effect applied. My best bet would be the gradient mapping plugin, as previously suggested. :wink:

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...