How to Install Plugins ×

StockLibrary1.5

Simon Brown

StockLibrary1.5 Effects Menu

slibip2.png

Stock can be useful to help enhance an image and many users of Paint.NET do use it. However, with simply opening the file in a new layer managing and finding needed stock can be a challenge, possibly triggering amnesia in the process. StockOrganiser is your one-stop-shop for managing stock.

As with most of my plugins, it has been released early in order to get feedback and give users its benefits early-on. However, I have decided the "beta" title is not appropriate in this case.

Updates

• [*:1qavvlib]Bug Fixed - the program was adding each image to just the abstract category whether selected or not.

• [*:1qavvlib]Ability to delete stock without editing XML.
    [*:1qavvlib]Search is no longer case-sensitive.
    [*:1qavvlib]New Masking Options
    [*:1qavvlib]Window Now Resizable

KaHuc.png

StockLibrary Effects Menu

organisedstockav3.png

Stock can be useful to help enhance an image and many users of Paint.NET do use it. However, with simply opening the file in a new layer managing and finding needed stock can be a challenge, possibly triggering amnesia in the process. StockOrganiser is your one-stop-shop for managing stock.

As with most of my plugins, it has been released early in order to get feedback and give users its benefits early-on. However, I have decided the "beta" title is not appropriate in this case.

Copyright © Simon Brown 2008 - All Rights Reserved

Use at your own risk

Downloads [listens]

I forgot to mention that new category and souce options can be added by eediting my documents/paint.net user files/stock/fiilters.xml.

Stock details can be edited from stock.xml in the same folder.

KaHuc.png

Yes. Perhaps make this plugin tabular? One tab displays the current UI, the other tab for editing categories and fields?

I believe a separate program would be more appropriate for editing such options as every time this was changed the checkboxes in the main window would have to be redrawn.

As for a tabular interface, what would be your views on having the filtering controls in one tab, and the implementation controls in a different one?

KaHuc.png

I have a new idea for this plugin I am looking to get feedback on: A new file-format which contains a PNG image but also includes data which is collected by the plugin on stock. This would not be used to store the photos but instead allow people to share stock they have created in this format, making life easier for the users who simply have to select the file with no need to enter this data.

Your Thoughts?

KaHuc.png

I can't wait to be able to use this, but I'm having some trouble getting it to work. I downloaded the plugin and I'm able to bring it up. I transferred some stock photos to the stock folder in mydocuments/PDNuserfiles/stocks but when I open the plugin no pictures show up. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for you help

background3sigxz1.png

Delete the images you have placed in the folder and instead add them using the plugins "add stock" feature. The reason for this is that they also require an entry in the XML file to be displayed.

KaHuc.png

Thank you very much for your help!!

One last question for future reference. When I update the plugin will I have to go back and reinstall all my stock also?

background3sigxz1.png

In most cases, no. However, you may have to do so if the format for stock storage changes, but if I release such an update I will probably write a program to convert into the new format.

KaHuc.png

Well, I've had a look, and here's mabye a few suggestions on additions for future releases.

1. Adding some error handlings, such as if the plugin can't find a certain file, it could relate to crashes, so a way to stop something like that happening would be good.

2. Adding a feature to add a stock from file. While doing it as a layer is good, also having access to stocks which don't have to be re-saved would be good.

3. De-clutter the UI a little bit, parts of it aren't really needed, such as the mininum size, at least in my opinion.

Apart from that, it's pretty good.

Although knowing what that textbox does is also good.

1. Adding some error handlings, such as if the plugin can't find a certain file, it could relate to crashes, so a way to stop something like that happening would be good.

I will consider this.

2. Adding a feature to add a stock from file. While doing it as a layer is good, also having access to stocks which don't have to be re-saved would be good.

Should this replace the origional feature, or just be a new option?

3. De-clutter the UI a little bit, parts of it aren't really needed, such as the mininum size, at least in my opinion.

The purpose of the minimum size was to allow users to ensure they do not have to look through 640 x 480 stock for a 1280 x 1024 project.

Although knowing what that textbox does is also good.

I guess adding a label for that will be useful?

---

Thanks for the suggestions.

KaHuc.png

Wow this is amazing. I haven't downloaded it yet but it looks very convenient. Is there already a bunch of stock images in the plugin or do you have to upload it by yourself?

.:Latest:.

14b6u5j.png

Wow this is amazing. I haven't downloaded it yet but it looks very convenient. Is there already a bunch of stock images in the plugin or do you have to upload it by yourself?

If I included stock images with the plugin it would make the plugin huge. If you are looking for stock I suggest going to http://www.sxc.hu.

KaHuc.png

Yup, figures. Thanks for the site. I'll still download it though, it's like a case for the images. =P

.:Latest:.

14b6u5j.png

• 4 weeks later...