How to Install Plugins ×

Fire Effect (finally)

Tom Jackson

Oh, THIS is COOL. :-) Er, well...you get the picture. ;-)

Thanks, Tom. Love seeing you here, as it means there's something cool coming.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:lol: :roll: tryed twice to get the fire effect loaded on my paint . net and couldnt even open it !

:oops: i dont understand why !

im very new to all this !

any help would be appreciated :P

it looks like an awesome and fun thing to work with !

blessings and have a joyous day !

joy[/color]

♫ Life is a song♫ and ♥God's Love♥ is the music.

Train your heart to smile and your soul to sing and

you will find blessings in each and everything .

♫ joyousjoym~Blessings♥

:lol: :roll: tryed twice to get the fire effect loaded on my paint . net and couldnt even open it !

:oops: i dont understand why !

im very new to all this !

any help would be appreciated :P

it looks like an awesome and fun thing to work with !

blessings and have a joyous day !

joy[/color]

Read

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023

and

http://boltbait.googlepages.com/install

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

• 1 month later...

Hey just started with this program and was messing around with the fire effect you created. i love it and will definately be using it more. Thanks!

wallpapertest.gif

Untitled.gif

In the same way you installed Shape3D.

I never installed that. I got the folder unpacked, but what do I do with the .dll file?

Place it in C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects.

KaHuc.png

I know I'm getting annoying, but there's not folder for "effects". Could you give me some advice?

Try this: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24980

Unbelievably, my computer doesn't support that. Could you completely walk me through the old-fashioned way to do that?

When you say "doesn't support," do you mean the menu item doesn't show? If it doesn't, download the attachment instead and follow the advice under "troubleshooting."

KaHuc.png

When you say "doesn't support," do you mean the menu item doesn't show? If it doesn't, download the attachment instead and follow the advice under "troubleshooting."

Forget that, just run me through the old-fashioned way. My computer is slow with downloads.

I know I'm getting annoying, but there's not folder for "effects". Could you give me some advice?

did you find paint.net in the program files folder? It will be where the installed programs go on your comp. As far as I know, as soon as you install pdn, there will be a subfolder called effects. Simon Brown has an awesome plugin called right click install. download that, run as indicated, and any download you save to desktop will be right click installed. No more need to mess with the effects folder :D

Okay, go to "My Computer" and select your HD. Then go to "program files," then "Paint.NET" and finally "Effects," move your DLLs there.

I don't have an effects folder! Is it an ordinary folder? If I created a new one named "effects", would that work?

Okay, go to "My Computer" and select your HD. Then go to "program files," then "Paint.NET" and finally "Effects," move your DLLs there.

I don't have an effects folder! Is it an ordinary folder? If I created a new one named "effects", would that work?

Could you post a screenshot of your "Paint.NET" folder?

KaHuc.png

This is a very nice effect. If you want to have fire that's not just a border, use light gray color and blur it.

Here's what i did:

tomfirebf6.th.jpg

Click it because it's a thumbnail, so i won't break the layout on some screen resolutions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Been messing about on PDN for a while now and thought it was about time I found something to ask all you experts about! :D Love this fire effect and am working on a simple use of it on text for a custom t-shirt for a friend's xmas present, so.. other than the obvious removing-the-black-with-magic-wand, is there a way to get a transparent background for my text using this effect? Obviously when you run it on a blurred black text on white background you get the black background with firey text (which looks great) just not sure how it would print on a t-shirt..

Cheers :roll:

After running the 'Fire' effect, you could try running the Alpha Mask plugin without picking a mask file; this will make the background transparent.

Although this does remove some of the whispy bits of the fire, you can duplicate the layer 4 or 5 times and this will restore most of the original look.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

That's strange, I didn't notice anything like that when I did it!

Driveitlike.png

From top to bottom:

1. Original fire effect

2. Alpha Masked on black background (I duplicated the layer 4 times then merged down, adjusted the Hue +20)

3. Same as 2, on a Blue background

4. Same as 2, on a Green background

As far as I can see, there is very little difference from the original.

I think your problem is being caused by saving the image as a .GIF - as this format does not like transparency very much.

Try saving the final image as .PNG and see how you get on.

-CJ

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png