I am new here only a few queries to make for lovely PDN

hi I am new here, hi

stuff with Paint.Net I would like resolved:

1. It would be so much cool if I could have the option to Pin TDI windows (floating windows) of tools, history, colours etc to the interface for single interface.. if not there then could I suggest the feature, for Paint.Net rather than 'pinning' to the sides like other image editors it can pin to the top or bottam of the interface

2. Whenever I drag and move a transparecny image over another image I always see the background pixels? Why am I doing something wrong

example I snapped here - http://i31.tinypic.com/1076khs.png Solved

3. IMPORTANT TO ME - I am not getting the full X1, Y1, X2, Y2 coordinates from Paint.Net as I get from PhotoFiltre.For query 3 btw I make skins for a phone java application called KD Player so this is esential. Look below for understanding of what I mean

=======

PhotoFiltre example that has full display - http://i30.tinypic.com/ff5oyc.png

Paint.Net that does bot have full display - http://i25.tinypic.com/2md3z2x.jpg

Paint.Net half-way does it in that example so where is the other two parts (571,471) ???

4. Are photoshop plugins and brushes supported by Paint.Net... in fact any plugins/addons supported

5. Some actions not present in Paint.Net -

I cannot seem to rotate a selection and manually degree rotate anything

I cannot seem to find the 'mirror' action for mirroring the whole image or a selection

Where is the transparency option with Opaque options or is this only in 'add new layer' can I also make just a selection transparent in a supported image type

This is a fantastic application and runs excellent on my machine so I am sorry if I come across as a complainer

1. It would be so much cool if I could have the option to Pin TDI windows (floating windows) of tools, history, colours etc to the interface for single interface.. if not there then could I suggest the feature, for Paint.Net rather than 'pinning' to the sides like other image editors it can pin to the top or bottam of the interface

This has already been suggested.

4. Are photoshop plugins and brushes supported by Paint.Net... in fact any plugins/addons supported

There is a custom brushes plugin (search for it), and although it uses a unique format, there is a tutorial linked to in the first post on converting them to be used by the plugin. Photoshop plugins are not currently supported.

KaHuc.png

1. I think this has been suggested before, but I'm not sure if it is going to be implemented.

2. You have to paste the transparent image on a new layer, either by pressing Ctrl + Shift + V, or by manually adding a layer before pasting.

3. This is actually a pretty good suggestion. There is no other way right now, besides manually adding the bounding box size coordinates to the top left coordinates.

4. I'm not sure if plugins and addons are supported, but the Custom Brushes plugin can use Photoshop brushes, but only after they are extracted from the .abr file. There is a tutorial detailing instructions in the Tutorials section, just search "How to use Photoshop Brushes."

5. To rotate a selection, use the Move Selected Pixels tool, and right click and drag to rotate.

To mirror, there are plugins to flip horizontal/vertical, or you can flip the whole layer from the Layers menu.

There is another plugin, the Transparency plugin from BoltBait, which can control the transparency of objects.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Dang, (partly) beaten by Sabrown. :P

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Thanks both of you for taking the time... I mean so quicly as well to respond, thanks also for being understanding in that I am new and all.

my further comments:

@1 . We should have the option but this I can see all the same how this would depend on the techie stuff with programming language for proper implemenattion... I hope to see the option to 'Pin / sticky' windows soon if possible

@5. yes to rotate a selection I must right click and swing around.. cool I like this

about dragging transparent images - I would like to custom change this hotkey to my own liking but I know this is not possible so....

6. Another suggestion congfigurable hotkeys with the ability to save this configuration in text format file

@4. I will look into those plugins for brushes and for mirror imaging

I hope suggestion 3 would exist for the next or nearby future version... pleassssssssse :)

by the way I am using Paint.Net 'portable version' which is virtualized by Thinstall application legally from Thindownload.com - no .net framework required on user's computer and version is less than 10mb :shock: :lol:

If I have more suggestion I will post em here clearly for you all to read

...I believe is also in Popular Feature Requests.
Not on our Popular Feature Request list it isn't ;).

sabrown is otherwise perfectly correct in that it has been suggested before, and Rick Brewster, the lead developer, doesn't wish to have Paint.NET too confusing for newer users with numerous and endless configurations*. Not to mention the complication of overlapping shortcuts because of improper configuring.

*I cannot find the exact quote from him, rather a comment made by david.atwell, of which Rick had no complaints against.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can just make the PdN window smaller and locate your other windows outside of the main window, like this:

30_c9371bd97bd9400b3e97d8b9a47d1d7a

BoltBait, I know that and that is now what I am doing with the windows since I did not know the the devlopers have stated having no intentions to integrate the TDI windows as part of the interface

The only feature I am concentrating on 'wanting to see' is feature 3 as I do need and feature 3 seems much more likely to make it

BoltBait, you make plugins - do you see feature 3 as a plugin that can be possibly created (I am not directly making a request to you)

• 3 months later...

3. IMPORTANT TO ME - I am not getting the full X1, Y1, X2, Y2 coordinates from Paint.Net as I get from PhotoFiltre.For query 3 btw I make skins for a phone java application called KD Player so this is esential. Look below for understanding of what I mean

=======

PhotoFiltre example that has full display - http://i30.tinypic.com/ff5oyc.png

Paint.Net that does bot have full display - http://i25.tinypic.com/2md3z2x.jpg

Paint.Net half-way does it in that example so where is the other two parts (571,471) ???

Please could anyone tell me if this has been considered, or has made it alreayd even for Paint.NET 4.0??