Unable to install Paint.NET

desperion

Having lost, for some unapparent reson, the desktop shortcut to Paint.NET. I tried to uninstall the program and could not do this. I removed all registry entries and tried a new install of the progaram and was advised as follows:

"A network error ocurred while attempting to read from the file : C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Staging\PaintDotNet_819885790.msi "

Can you please help?

I tried to uninstall the program and could not do this.

Could you explain what happened? Could you not find such a program? If so, you need to uninstall it via Control Panel -> Programs.

KaHuc.png

Do remember to post in the correct section. You have a technical issue to troubleshoot, so the Troubleshooting & Bug Reports section would be the most logical place to post.

Moved to Troubleshooting & Bug Reports

Sorry, I overlooked this section :oops:

I tried to uninstall the program and could not do this.

Could you explain what happened? Could you not find such a program? If so, you need to uninstall it via Control Panel -> Programs.

I tried the programs own installer and also "Add/Remove Programs" and a third party uninstaller, in each case it came back saying uninstall could not proceed. I cannot repeat the process now as the Paint.Net is no longer listed in "Add/Remove Programs" and therefore presumably the registry and when I try to install Iget the above statement.

Alright, if Paint.NET is no longer in your registry, then go to the Paint.NET Program Folder and delete all contents. Then, I recommend downloading CCleaner and running it both on your Registry and on your system cache. From there, download Paint.NET again on a local drive and install. Hopefully that will do the trick for you ;)

signature.png