PDN Community's Giant Spacescene Collab

PDN CGSC

What is it?

A few days ago i brang up the suggestion in the

offtopic, that we could have a collaboration in the Paint.NET community where we all contribute to a giant spacescene. Which will include planets, nubulae, start clusters and even the odd spaceship!!

With, of course a ridicularsly huge canvas size.

How do I join?

Well, this is the fun bit. All you need to do is submit a 600x400 (still deciding final size) to this thread and it will be added to the final picture. After the cutoff date all the pictures will be displayed and a vote for the best bit of space will decide who will be creating the focal point of the whole image.

What if i think some of the idea's suck

Well this is the discussion thread and I am open to any idea's. Also i am looking for some MAJOR help as this task will be MAJORLY hard for just me to do.

Rules

Do NOT include starts in your submission

You may submit up to three entries

Make sure your piece is about 600x400

Do not have any cut off things in your piece

Don't overcrowd your submission, if you have two planets and a nebulae you know you have way too much

Well what 007 Nab and I were thinking was that every submission should have a transparent backround without any stars or anything, which, in theory, should be quite easy to do. After all the submissions are entered someone can make a whole starry backround and everthing will fit seamlessly, i hope.

It's a good idea but, not gonna be easy.

I already have something in mind but it has the background.. :? guess it won't work.

http://0-ash-0.deviantart.com/art/Infin ... t-61321911

you will get different shades of black

If it's really black, there wouldn't be any shades. (Hex=000000) :idea:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Has it started yet? When can I post my piece?

.:EDIT:.

Actually, I can't wait for much longer: here it is...

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/180/2/e/My_PDN_Spacescape_Collab_piece_by_PhillipsJ2.png

It's waaay too large (2x), but I couldn't resize it down without ruining the landmass planet...

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Bobofthedead, that looks great! Good job on it!

Ash - we can fit yours in - all it will need is a couple feathers on Shrink, and it should fade off well (That's what I did for my sig - the original stars are only around the far left side)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Thanks. I must admit, doing that was probably the first time I've really used PDN for a while now: I've had sort of a creative drain on for about six months - I haven't been able to make, draw or write anything - when I do have inspiration I'm at school or working, or I just can't be bothered, when I'm free, I can't do it for some reason.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon