Contest for Paint.Net Banner AD and MP3 AD!

KayCee

Hello,

I run an uncensored comedy radio show, called The Pain Killa Radio Show! and we, in order to show our appreciation are going to start helping to advertise Paint.Net, we spoke with the author, or one of them, and this is the best idea we came up with!

We are having a contest for the users of Paint.Net, in order to see if you guys can help to support Paint.Net, and in the process grab a little Piece of Fame for yourselves. Heres the thing, begin work on a 468x120 banner ad, and/or an mp3 20-30 Second Promo.

Submit these entries to comedy@pkradio.net and we will have our listeners pick the winner on a later show, after the contest has run for a while. The winner will get to add something very nice to their resume, along with the knowledge that they are giving back for a product turning out to be one of the best paint applications out there.

Thanks for listening, don't forget to check out: http://www.PKRadio.Net/ for more information about the competition and to listen in to the show.

Your Host,

Crazy KayCee!

Visit Pain Killa Radio @ http://www.PKRadio.Net

We Have over 50+ Professional Featured Comedians.

Submit Your Donations via the website using pay-pal or email us @ comedy@pkradio.net

We Get Yer Comedy Crunk On!

First of all, if you would notice that the site is adult in nature then you might make an intelligent decision.

2nd of all: I have already spoken with the owner / developer of Paint.Net and he did not have a problem with it, and is the one, that decided we should hold the contest to come up with the ads.

3rd of all: if you would do some research by reading some articles on the site, you might find out the reason for the name of the show..

Which is: I have crohns disease, have had it for 14 years now, and have had a full collectomy, where I now have a bag on my side. The only thing that kept me from killing myself, was comedy central and bob and tom. So once I got out of the hospital, I was on a mission, to start an uncensored comedy radio show, and I did that. I have over 50+ Pro comics, with #1 featured comics, you can't find anywhere else, except on TV with their top ranked shows on Comedy central etc..

The issue is, I have had to be on pain killers my whole life since I turned 18. So before you judge, and make a statement like you made on here, you really need to do your homework. You are the reason, that the FCC has all the normal radio broadcasters by the nut sack. People that are afraid to think for themselves, and would rather have the government do it for them.

Now, if you don't want to participate that is fine, but please do not post anything but legitament questions, or submissions.

Thanks for listening, I'm sure you made that comment without thinking first, so I will let it go, and just hope that not all of the members here are that closed minded.

OH Btw: I did not do the header graphic for the site. It was done for me, by another graphic artist on my game design team. Yea thats right, I also write / program / design games, both 2d and 3D.

Personally I think the header sucks, so if you can do better, show me.

Thanks,

Crazy KayCee!

Submit Your Donations via the website using pay-pal or email us @ comedy@pkradio.net

I personaly think the banner idea is interesting and intend to take part or at least check out the results. However I think you are the one making judgements here.

You are the reason, that the FCC has all the normal radio broadcasters by the nut sack. People that are afraid to think for themselves, and would rather have the government do it for them.

I simply made a comment about one particular picture on your site being inappropriate for minors, knowing that there are quite a few who use this forum. From the statment I made there is NO possible way you could know anything about weather or not i think for myself.

Thanks for listening, I'm sure you made that comment without thinking first, so I will let it go, and just hope that not all of the members here are that closed minded.

No, I thought my actions through completely. Saying what I did doesn't make me close minded, that is just your interpretation. I made it simply because I was trying to look out for other users of the forum.

As far as your illness goes, I'm sure it has been an increadibly difficult experience and I will keep you in my prayers :)

pdn.jpg

*makes a happy post*

I'll be glad to try my hand at a banner ad! I'm sure there are others here as well that would create some interesting stuff were they to participate.

(I'd love to see a 'George' style banner! \m/ >_< \m/)

Is there a date by which you wish to have all submissions submitted?

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Most Definitely,

Thanks for the breath of fresh air, sorry, I went off earlier. Now lets get down to the seriousness of the competition...

Yes we would like to have all the submissions in and finalized by May 18th!

So Lets get going, that is about 22 days, should be more than long enough to get in lots of good submissions.

also, NO I will not be the only one judging. I am also pulling in Mr. Stewart, for a final judge, of the top 5, and to break it down to the top 5 we will be posting all the banner submissions to our forums and as a frontpage news story, with links to the pix in the forum, so all of our registered visitors will have a chance to go vote for their favorite. Those registered users, that manage to vote for the one chosen as the favorite by myself and the author of Paint.Net will receive complimentary vip accounts on the site, as a perk to get people to really consider their votes.

The users will click a link on the frontpage, which will either take them to the gallery with the images, or to the forum just for the images, and it will open in a new window / tab so the user can merely click back to the frontpage window, and cast their vote in the poll I will post and update the options, as the submissions come in, meaning each option will have a number assigned to it, as will the images, so users will have a hard time just voting for their favorite friends on the site etc.. as their will be no names listed with the banners, until after the judging has begun.

Thanks, I hope this clears up some of the clouds.

KayCee!

*makes a second happy post*

This is gonna be fun! Count me in!!

I have a couple quick questions...

Rick -

• Where do you stand on animated PDN banners? Since the winning design will possibly go on to represent Paint.NET, I'm wondering if an animated ad would be a bad idea... only because, at the moment, PDN doesn't have animation support.

KayCee -

• Is there a set limit on how many banners a person can submit? Just asking because even though I only plan on making one banner, I'll most likely come away with three or four variations of it.
    Also, if I have the time, I'm gonna see if I can make a better header for your site. A few other PDN users may also want to do this and since the header will be tailored for PKR, I'm hoping you can give us some basic ideas on how you would like it to look. Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about... Do you want it to be loud & busy or calm & subtle? Do you want to retain the medical (syringes and pills) theme? Do you have a slogan that could possibly be added in? Perhaps your "We Get Yer Comedy Crunk On!" or something like that. Lastly, what are the dimensions you want the overall header to be?

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

yes, you can submit more than one banner. I don't think an animated banner would be bad, although please make it something easily displayed, aka NOT flash, but possibly animated gif, although if you do that, you will be limited in colors, keep this in mind. If you want to do flash, you can, but please also make either a static version or animated gif as well, so that we can make several versions available to others that wish to show their support for Paint.Net as well, and yet enable standard banner display modules be able to display them. For ex. I can add another module to the site, which is joomla based btw: and enable flash support, but it will mean a site reconfig, which might not be all bad, since I am going to be changing the theme very soon as well.

#2.) Yes Please, I would appreciate any and all help with site graphics, this will take a load off of me, as I am busy with gathering content, approaching new comedians, recording a cd project with 9 of our comedians, for sale soon, and working on a couple of games that I had to put on the back burner when I ended up in the hospital. The header graphic size is, I will give two sizes here, since I am changing themes soon, so I will give you present size and new size hopefully, one for the forums would be great too, so hopefully whatever you guys come up with will be universal and look good enough to use in both places.

Dimensions of Current:

1024x117

HRes & VRes - 119 dpi

Color Bit Depth - 32

Created by: Paint.Net 2.6 (of course)

597x159 for the new logo.

Keep in mind we can always resize as needed.

But this would be a good starting point.

Preferrably in PNG format for the static header image, or JPG.

Thanks for everything,

I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with!

Cheers and good luck everyone!

KayCee!

Rick - Where do you stand on animated PDN banners? Since the winning design will possibly go on to represent Paint.NET, I'm wondering if an animated ad would be a bad idea... only because, at the moment, PDN doesn't have animation support.

My stand on this is ... do whatever you want, as long as it rocks :) If KayCee is fine animated banners for the contest, then I don't see why not.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, I'm not going to get one in. Every idea I had turned out terribly... And I'm out of time. Sorry!

So, did anyone else get one in? I haven't seen any posted here, but I'm not privy to your email... :wink:

Or am I...

<_<

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype