LAOTW Discussion Thread

My entry is officially in. Didn't think I'd partake in this competition, but I decided to anyways. It was the first good turnout of my forays into the world of spacescapes. I'm very proud of it, considering it's almost my first spacescape ever. I especially like how well the starfield turned out.

:P

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I love what people have done with the theme! :D

all of the different pieces... :)

@expiration: I loled at the text in your entry. However, I have been greatly distracted recently, and may not make the deadline. This should be fun! :D

*presses a large red button labeled: project accelerator*

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Dangit xpired......

When I first saw this thread I was going to make a shield for the Earth (you know, since I was blowing it up in my previous pieces). I started working on it for awhile, and then when I check the thread again, you've posted it :evil: It's okay though, IMHO yours looks coller than what mine would've been :wink:

Now I'm in a dilemna. I can't choose which one to use....

th_MAD.pngth_MAD2.png

The first one has a bit of background behind it, and the computer looks kinda high tech, but it can be misconstrued as stuffing two images in one (I wanted to make it a cutscene, but its a bit ambiguous now, isn't it...). I'm leaning towards the second one, because it's more high def and the first image just seems to have extra junk attached to it which is just useless.

I'll sleep on it and upload it tomorrow morning....

Nah Olli, everyone has their own style towards different themes. In fact, I think it's rather amusing :)

---------

Well, I finally decided to enter my second image. IMHO, it's okay but it's not as good as it could've been. I'm going to be out today and tomorrow, which is why I had no time to expand on it any more than I did last night.... oh well. I'm really proud of the atomic cloud/lighting effect on the left explosion.

And please don't critique me that its the same planet in my sig. I went for a "Global Thermonuclear War" theme instead of an Outer Space destruction. The explosions/impact zone/shockwave are more smoother/cleaner/more realistic.....

I'm liking everyone else's submissions though. Nice work :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had a PM conversation with Mike a week or so ago.

You have won. All I need is a theme and we can start on up ;)
Sorry about the extremely late reply, as I was sort of busy.

I don't have any specific ideas about the theme for the next LAOTW, I think I'd like to hear other peoples' suggestions before deciding on one, if that's okay with you.

Again, my apologies for the late reply.

And because he hasn't replied yet, I don't know what to do.

I guess we should start thinking of a new theme?

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...