Miscellaneous Contest Discussion III: Asterisk

Simon Brown

Well, you were ahead earlier today.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Nooo!

Two .. votes .. ahead ...

Losing ... vitality ... x.x

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Given the number of votes, would it be plausable to end the poll early and start the next contest?

End my misery, as my come from behind (read: nowhere :wink: ) winning streak doesn't seem to be happening.

I thought they were all great! I had a really hard time deciding:

Ego Eram Reputo: Yours were a bit blurry for my taste, but it was a good idea. I think they fit in an older OS, unlike the other entries that were pushing for newish types of icons. However, I really like the style - I think you got some bad luck having posted first, and your layout could have been put together a bit better. :wink:

Crimson: Between expired for you, choosing was a 51%/49% thing - you barely didn't get my vote (icons seemed a tad blurrier than his) :P

J2K: You had really great icons - the bigger views even still looked great! nice and sharp, but they didn't seem to follow a very specific theme/style. Also - certain dimensions didn't seem to be correct (Mailbox, computer tower). Really great job, however overall. :)

Expired: As you may have guessed, you got my vote! Very nice/fresh layout, I love that if paper was present in the icon, it was always curled, :P , amazing job on the lighting for "send". They all followed a really neat theme: My favorites are the paint icon, the explore icon, and the well, now that I look at them, they're all really great! :D

Really great job everyone! I really liked all of your submissions!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Thanks Nab!

(You put me ahead!) :P

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Wow guys! They all look much better than anything I could produce.

Expiration gets my vote for his clean and consistent composition. Icons worthy of a high end desktop.

ray.png

@HITMAN

I looked at a reference picture, and then drew it myself with the line/curve tool. In my opinion, I don't consider it a stock if it isn't a part of the final image. I would link to it if you wished, but I have long lost the URL. :o

However, if Simon thinks that this is against the rules, I guess I'd be disqualified.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

@HITMAN

I looked at a reference picture, and then drew it myself with the line/curve tool. In my opinion, I don't consider it a stock if it isn't a part of the final image. I would link to it if you wished, but I have long lost the URL. :o

However, if Simon thinks that this is against the rules, I guess I'd be disqualified.

To do that with line/curve must take a lot of skill. Even if you did use another image to reference. It was still done free hand. I though it was the best icon out of all your icons and was just wondering how you did it. The effect just came out so well.

Thank you very much HITMAN. :P

@Crimson:

Ha! Well, we're even now. You won the SOTW, I won the MC.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

*hides in corner*

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

So what do you mean by asterisk or am i missing a post.

No set theme - your image can be anything providing it follows the entry-thread rules.

KaHuc.png