KeyLogic's Requests for Paint.NET

Hi. Here are some things that would be very useful in PDN:

• [*:1tqc6iy4] Add a search box to the Effects menu. Sometimes it takes too long to find one simple effect; typing it in is faster.
    [*:1tqc6iy4] Add the ability to scroll through the Effects menu with the mouse wheel.
    [*:1tqc6iy4] When using the "Selection Mode", display a window, opposite the area being selected, that will show a zoomed-in factor of where the cursor is onscreen. With this feature you'll be able to make more precise selections.
    [*:1tqc6iy4] Add the ability to go fullscreen and hide the top menu completely until mouse-over, also add the option to disable the status bar. This will free up some valuable screen real estate. Maybe even hide all of the windows to the edges of the screen so that it's not in the way but still easily accessible.
pdnfullscreenjpegxp6.th.jpg
[*:1tqc6iy4] In the Layers window, add a menu when right-clicking to "Disable all except current layer", "Re-enable all layers". It's not practice to have to go through a ton of different layers just to leave the one layer displayed.
[*:1tqc6iy4] Allow for multiple layers to be selected via Ctrl + left-click. This is useful for applying a single effect to several layers.

Those are the ideas I have for now but I may be updating this sometime soon. K, see ya. 8)

Allow for multiple layers to be selected via Ctrl + left-click. This is useful for applying a single effect to several layers.

Not.Gonna.Happen.

I've talked with Rick about this at great length. The changes required to implement this would simply be too great.

Ctrl-F is your best friend.

Allow for multiple layers to be selected via Ctrl + left-click. This is useful for applying a single effect to several layers.

Not.Gonna.Happen.

I've talked with Rick about this at great length. The changes required to implement this would simply be too great.

Fare enough, what about some of the others? I deal with layers a lot so I would definitely put this one at the top of my list:

In the Layers window, add a menu when right-clicking to "Disable all except current layer", "Re-enable all layers". It's not practice to have to go through a ton of different layers just to leave the one layer displayed.

You know what I mean? :P

[*] Allow for multiple layers to be selected via Ctrl + left-click. This is useful for applying a single effect to several layers.

Man, you should've known just how many times I've wished for this feature :P

I'll just hope it will be implemented one day, if not soon :)

Edit: Bah, I just read BoltBait's reply towards this :(

Oh well, nice while the dream lasted :|

Also, I've an idea of my own.

How about dockable tool windows?

I've often found to my frustration, that when I have to zoom closely in on pictures, the windows always tends to be in my way. And usually I need them for what I do while zoomed down, so no use in trying to disable them either, so I believe

this would be a highly appreciated feature for Paint.Net :wink:

RainbowFire-Squared.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Not.Gonna.Happen.

Certainly not in 3.xx, that's for sure.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg