Where do I go from here

Hi

I am extremely new to even making wonderful graphics. I have been doing this for 8 days now. I have started with the tutorials and am still on the very first page. With over 20 pages of tutorials and a lot for me to learn to get anywhere close to where everyone else is, where do you suggest I start to get the best understanding of all the features of Paint.NET. I have done some simple items to place on our league page but nothing spectacular like the items I have seen.

I appreciate any and all input.

Isn't Life A Dream?

Pages I have worked on using paint.Net

Hi and welcome to the forums! :D

If you get confused while reading a tutorial, pressing F1 in Paint.NET will aid you, and just reading through it will help and tell you about things that you may not have known before.

The stickied tutorials are well-written tutorials on helpful topics, so I would recommend reading through those first. :D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Ahh Thanx. I have started on Page 1 with all the stickies for sure and there is a lot to learn but I am finding that some tuts are out of date and I cannot get the effect. Blurs are too much and image disappears or Polar Inversion has adjustments that I can't accomplish as mine does not go that high or low. How do I go about finding more or updated info on the tuts?

Isn't Life A Dream?

Here are just two of the tutorials I have had problems following:

Making a ring / border with a gradient in it (for HITMAN-X-)

My Polar Inversion (not sure if its Tom's or a newer one) the Amount goes from -4 to 4 so I changed the -200 to -2 but Quality only goes to 5 and I'm not sure how to adjust for that. I also believe the Gaussian Blur at 50px is wrong because the image literally disappears. The results I got from that tut is:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91 ... adient.png

Trace on Sand Tut

I realize it has been sometime since this tut was originally posted but without the pics there is no way to follow the directions which states:

12. Take Lasso Select tool ( ) and select space like this at image OR

13. Goto "Shadow" Layer, take Line/Curve Tool ( ) and draw line from 1st point to 2nd point (like in image)

Since I have no idea what space or 1st or 2nd point is because the pics were not showing, there was no way for me to even finish this tut.

There are other tuts that have tools with different ranges than the tools I have downloaded. Since I am so new at this, it would be helpful to either update the tuts or archive those that cannot be updated so people who are new to graphic design don't get frustrated and quit.

I would appreciate more feedback on this.

Thanx

Isn't Life A Dream?

I know everyone is busy but I really am anxious to learn all I can. Please help me to understand what I should do regarding the previous statement of outdated plugin parameters. I appreciate any and all help that is available. Thanx :?

Isn't Life A Dream?