[How-to] Get around to drawing notepad rings

This is something I did a long time ago. Not sure if it's something like what you were wanting to do:

[attachment=0]notepad.jpg[/attachment]

The rings were just an ellipse, with a linear gradient, then median blurred, copied and aligned on different layers.

Well, my notepad has the rings at the top.

But i'll try modifying it a little. :)

Cheers,

-Cooldude2222

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

topezia just did a good one in the Pictorium you can find it under Image Umberalla Realistic Images page 17 and she explained the steps further down the page to me.

ciao

Though Topezia's "tut" is quite well written, i actually already got to doing it, adapting the same method i used in drawing the punch ring

on my old website logo.

websitelogoke6.png

I replicated it, and this is what it looks like now

notepad.png

Thanks for all the help!

-Cooldude2222

I like the paper... :D

Regarding the rings, It looks like they get wider toward the back. Being a spiral-type binding, I would expect them to slant a little on the back end. Maybe you could just get rid of the dark back area on side of the other...?

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I like the paper... :D

Regarding the rings, It looks like they get wider toward the back. Being a spiral-type binding, I would expect them to slant a little on the back end. Maybe you could just get rid of the dark back area on side of the other...?

Actually, if you do take a close look to spiral binding notepads, you would realise that, their rings, when look from the top (making sure there's no parallex error), you would actually be able to see the back parts of the rings.

That's why there's that dark back area, the darker, back parts of the rings.

-Cooldude2222

@barkbark00

Now that you mention it, i seem to have missed out on the "continuity" of the loops.

I think i'll work on it.

@LFC4EVER

Though i agree using shape3d would be a good way to get things done(in this case), i must confess that, i totally am clueless on how to do things when it comes to using shape3d.

@Ash

Would you mind leading me, or us(being others), on how to get this, so-called, spiral bound notebook rings?

(Hope i don't sound like i'm demanding for it to be done)

Thanks in advance

-Cooldude2222