How to get a 3d death metal logo effect.

If you want to find a plugin, please use the search. The search is a good aide to people when you're looking for anything!

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/search.php

Please read the rules, also:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3446

Hi. Yes. No. Uh-huh. Of course. Well, I don't know what you're sayin', but if you wanna leave a message at the beep...

Well i was more or less looking for something to make the logo 3d, where it looks all jagged in the middle with shading. Sorry if I'm confusing, but if you look in the image and see that the middle of the logo is raised according to the edges, I was wondering if there is a plugin that will do that. If I'm not mistaken photoshop has it, but i like paint.net better.

Deathmetalmario, don't mind sabrown, he works in our 'useless suggestion' department... :P

Here is what you can do:

Write your text. Black text on white background, all on the same layer.

Duplicate your image and set the top copy's blending mode to 'Screen'.

Then, Gaussian blur the bottom copy 4-8 px. The amount will vary (thick text = more blur/thin text = less blur).

Use the 'Stylize > Outline' effect on the blurred layer; Thickness = 4-8, Intensity = 100. Again, the settings will vary but you should be able to see the effect you are going for...

EDIT:

Wow! I skipped a step...

After the outline step you need to run the 'Edge Detect' effect on that same layer. The angle setting determines the direction of the light source...

I got this:

1624_5e8efdff0d396e9ea6ce5ad295df1be2

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Deathmetalmario, don't mind sabrown, he works in our 'useless suggestion' department... :P

Here is what you can do:

Write your text. Black text on white background, all on the same layer.

Duplicate your image and set the top copy's blending mode to 'Screen'.

Then, Gaussian blur the bottom copy 4-8 px. The amount will vary (thick text = more blur/thin text = less blur).

Use the 'Stylize > Outline' effect on the blurred layer; Thickness = 4-8, Intensity = 100. Again, the settings will vary but you should be able to see the effect you are going for...

I got this:

lol

Hi. Yes. No. Uh-huh. Of course. Well, I don't know what you're sayin', but if you wanna leave a message at the beep...

Please be kind to other users, barkbark00.

Whaa! I thought it was funny... :D

P.S. I don't take kindly to being scolded by children. :lol:

LOL, you've done your homework!

OK, I admit it, my goal is to become a forum moderator. So I'm acting goody-goody -grownup-ish (random vocabulary time!). I'm not doing a very good job, am I?

I confess. I laughed when I read this, because, no offense to sabrown, but it was true!

OK, I admit it, my goal is to become a forum moderator. So I'm acting goody-goody -grownup-ish (random vocabulary time!). I'm not doing a very good job, am I?

Try This: http://www.communityspark.com/fantastic ... tic-staff/

Please be kind to other users, barkbark00. I will have to report you to the mods if you're rude any more.
I confess. I laughed when I read this

Pot calling the kettle black. :wink:

KaHuc.png

Wow! A whole thread chock full of some of the worst minimoderation around!

Barkbark gave the proper suggestion and Sabrown tried to help out, Reese50. There is a line between trying to help out users and being a 'goody-goody'. As well, this thread is quickly spinning into the hands of the . Moderators are not chosen because they know the rules up and down, but because they understand the program up and down and have the knowledge to aid users. Barkbark's reply (other than his Simon joke) is a great example of quality help. If Deathmetalmario requires no more assistance, then I request this thread be locked.

signature.png