Is the a more subtle "blur"?

I wanted to put a blur on part of a picture, the bit I had worked on, to make it blend in, but even on setting 1(out of 200), the blur was too strong.

on setting 100, it just turned the whole thing into homogenized grey.

I think the finer end of the blur scale should be much more subtle, with setting 1 hardly making any difference.

Is it possible?

If not, could this be a mod?

eta: I used gaussian blur btw

so, do plug ins give you a new icon on the tools window, do they slot into appropriate places in the various options, or do they stand alone in some sort of "pluggin" option?

Is it easy to add plug ins?

eta: Im looked on your googlepage

Once you have followed these instructions, you can run Paint.NET and click the "Effects" menu. You should see your new effect in that menu.

is that the same for all pluggins?

a technique, I just invented :mrgreen: , is to copy the area you want to blur onto a new layer, then "resize", to say, double the size, and then blur it at setting 1.

And then resize it back to normal, and then combine the two layers.

So if you double size-blur on setting1, and the resize(ie 50%), then this would be equivalent to "blur" on setting 0.5. wouldn't it?

eta: oh forget that. it seems that just resizing a layer by 1% has a blur effect. :?:

There are many different blurs in PDN via plugins, check out Ed's plugin pack among others...

There are list and links to the most useful plugins on my googlepage, I would say get em all.

Thats a lot of downloading.... Why not make a Mega plugin pack containing all of them?

Also do you update the links when the plugins get updated?

"Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity." -Michaul Gelb

My Gallery Check it out!

There are many different blurs in PDN via plugins, check out Ed's plugin pack among others...

There are list and links to the most useful plugins on my googlepage, I would say get em all.

Thats a lot of downloading.... Why not make a Mega plugin pack containing all of them?

Also do you update the links when the plugins get updated?

NO, mega plugin pack won't work.

And I do my best to keep the links and list updated.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]