Newbie question: Separating colors for silkscreening

bannerman

I'd like to separate the red and black in my photo so I can create two images for silkscreening- one with just the red parts, one with just the black parts. It seems like it should be easy but I spent about an hour trying to do it on my own and then decided I would ask for help. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Can you post the pic to see the image you're dealing with?

If its like RedHereBlackHere then :MagicWandTool: the area thats red, cut, paste in new layer, same again for the black area.

If it's a more complex image with gradients it may be more complicated and the areas could need cutting (or seperating with a method i don't know ^^,)

Post image and i'll have a gander, see if i can help

Striving For Excellence Motivates You;

Striving For Perfection Will Demoralise.

Can you post the pic to see the image you're dealing with?

If its like RedHereBlackHere then :MagicWandTool: the area thats red, cut, paste in new layer, same again for the black area.

If it's a more complex image with gradients it may be more complicated and the areas could need cutting (or seperating with a method i don't know ^^,)

Post image and i'll have a gander, see if i can help

The "&" and cloud would be very easy to cut out but the highlighting around the car would be very hard. There are only two foreground colors (and two shades of each color) in the image, it seems like there would be a simple method to filter everything except a specific color.

16429_fac1bab62bbe8610b1e83390ad70ec5e