welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Synthetic~ 02/02/2020

How cool it that! I love it! A cheery image for sure. I love the details that have gone into it too. Can you pop over & set up my lights for me, please? 

Not so much as unthinkable as unexpected but ever so lovely :D

That's what I get for not reading thoroughly. I've gone as far as I can with the puzzle. I will post what I have not yet got in the thread :D

Mrs Welshy, that is a PINK light not a red one :P 

An unthinkable this is really nice Welshblue, the detail in the cables behind the neon is great and the texture on the wall is nice and clean. :)

I love the effect, though the shadow on top of the glow is messing with my brain. The brick wall texture is really well done. Any chance you'll be doing a tutorial for that?

unthinkable thing - Great title and a top class image mate, got to agree with others here and just say how good the textures are. Brilliant work. B)

@ BarbieQ', Beta, Helen, Sasha (notice how i'm a Gentleman ... ladies first ... :evillaugh:  ) Matt, Drew, 'Noob and Ym  ... many thanks guys, got to admit I found it quite liberating using pink - in touch with my feminine side ;)  The cables were an after thought and glad I added them

@ 'Noob ... I know what you mean about the shadow, but it looked empty without it, maybe I shoulda dialed it down a bit, but I like the ambience it gives too - artistic licence and all that  :evillaugh:

There's already a brick wall tutorial and it wouldn't seem right to write another one.  Basically I did the same as Red Beard, used the the Bricks render to get the shapes, clouds, then a build up of the ever versatile Chad concrete tutorial (inverting the colours and setting to overlay ... lowering opacity) ((I think I use the concrete tutorial in 90% of my images))  Some Bevel Selection, a bit of Drop Shadow.  Then use Liquify to get the bricks a bit more irregular.  The concrete texture also makes the mortar

A quick example below

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/195/9/0/brick_wall_tutorial2_by_pdnwelsh-d6dgmmf.jpg">http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/195/9/0/brick_wall_tutorial2_by_pdnwelsh-d6dgmmf.jpg

If people would like to see a tute' then I may as well write my fifth one is 3 weeks.  Memo to self: Need.  To.  Get.  A.  Life ... 

Hands up for 'aye' ?

• Upvote 1

I'm always impressed with how realistic your works look, and this is no exception. I'll have to try out your neon tutorial sometime soon :)

@ Daniels ... many thanks. I think this one is a bit cartoonish. I noticed you did the tute' ;)

@ 'Noob ... to be honest Red gave me the inspiration for this piece. PDN files always available if not a full blown tute'

-------------------------------------------------

On page 1 an image I started but got side tracked turning it into folder icons.

No Charge. My wife's eyes lit up when she saw more plastic ...

Edited by welshblue

No charge. Excellent work, very well put together - Plastic and wife's never mix (especially if it is your plastic)

As for the brickwork texture, I will say "aye" to a tute. 

• Upvote 1

Echoing DD's words - excellent work but more than that I totally love the "Trust" & "Xtort" bits. So true!

DD, I have my own plastic...it must be a vampire because it hardly ever sees the light of day. :P

"Aye" to the texture tute from me too :D

• Upvote 1

OH...my ...gosh!  

I'm tempted to get a credit card now...maybe these designs could be transferred on my debit card? ;)

Amazing font and layout on the cards. 

• Upvote 1

@ Drew' ... wife's and plastic don't go together @ all - I prefer my  women   woman all natural  :evillaugh:

@ BarbieQ' ... I'm the same, my cards are there to make my wallet firmer.  Never a borrower or a lender be ... I'm glad you noticed the Trust and Xtort ;)

@ Helen ... my wife informs me you can get all sort of snazzy designs on cards now ... I've told here she need this one [url=http://www.veryicon.com/icon/png/System/Red%20CandyBar/Stop.png] click[./url]

@ Dryda' ... a refreshing change doing 'bright' ;)

Many thanks for the comments guys 'n' gals ... and thanks for taking the time - you can have a free go on the plastic ... just no shoe or clothes shops for the ladies  :P

If only.

When I queried how many clothes and underwear she bought for summer ... apparently, saying a prostitute would be cheaper is the wrong thing to say  :roll:

• Upvote 1

:MoveLayerUp: Now that is bravery :lol:

More stupidity. And very expensive  :Donate:

My mouth gets me into trouble a bit too often.  Like the time I walked up to friend, tapped him on the shoulder and said, " What you doing here you fat bar-steward? "

Except it wasn't a fried but a total stranger.  And he was huge ... 

@ Beta ... many thanks.  Very favourable interest rates if you want to sign up ...

For those asking for a wall tute' ... http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/26807-another-brick-in-the-wall/#entry394366'> HERE

@ Drew' ... wife's and plastic don't go together @ all - I prefer my  women   woman all natural  :evillaugh:

Many thanks for the comments guys 'n' gals ... and thanks for taking the time - you can have a free go on the plastic ... just no shoe or clothes shops for the ladies  :P

Hey now - I object! Iuse my credit cards responsibly and don't buy clothes or shoes unless they're absolutely necessary. Then again, I'm not exactly a lady ... :mouth:

Anyway, nice work on the credit cards. Very realistic, including the Xtort logo. And the name is close to my husband's manager's, but it is a common name.

When I queried how many clothes and underwear she bought for summer ...apparently, saying a prostitute would be cheaper is the wrong thing to say  :roll:

Really. Ya think? :|

Edited by blackpenny

Thanks BP ... just to clarify - I'm not really sexist (never really subscribed to the why has a woman got 2 legs joke)

I've got a feminine side ... I actually did something in pink  :P

Excellent wall texture mate, if you want to do more animation an excellent piece of software is AutoDesk Maya, they do a free version and there are loads 

of tuts on Youtube, here's a link to an infographic I created using it