welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Synthetic~ 02/02/2020

After the runaway success that was PDNPower1 ... PDNPower2, a new wood texture and some random doodling

Edited by welshblue

First time I`ve seen Sleeping City. Very nice and definitely gives the impression of `lights out' time. Nice one.

But the batteries are just awesome. Nice background as well. ;)

I notice your gallery is under reconstruction.I`m looking forward to seeing it open again, there are so many excellent images to see.

First time I`ve seen Sleeping City. Very nice and definitely gives the impression of `lights out' time. Nice one.

But the batteries are just awesome. Nice background as well. ;)

I notice your gallery is under reconstruction.I`m looking forward to seeing it open again, there are so many excellent images to see.

I agree with Goonie. I like to come here & see the new ones but also to revisit the older ones. Really hope to see Beta Blockers again.

Many thanks Goon' and BarbieQ' Glad you enjoyed them

... I'm not sure yet which images will find their way back in.

I go back to work in a couple of weeks in a new job, so time is going to be a bit short for a while. I've got to decide which gallery to dedicate most time to - here or Fans.

The logical choice would be Fans because you folks bother to comment and offer the most important thing - critique ... but I still feel a great loyalty to this place because this is where I honed my skills.

I've already decide to sacrifice my time on dA

Who'd miss my work and cutting wit the most ?

Decisions decisions. Not always so great being grown up and responsible :lol:

Edited by welshblue

Some nice stuff Welshblue, especially the batteries and the texture background on Strangestone is there a tut on that? Oh and the 2 metal rings "nomatterwhat"

Didn't read all the replies too many pages 88, so hope I didn't miss anything.

Edited by minners71

Oh, wow. I really like with you did with "Sleeping City." I would've never thought of that. That's just brilliant! Your wood texture is amazing. The batteries are also cool. Wow!

@ TheHowler (love that username) and Minners ... thanks and glad you enjoyed your looks around.

Thanks Helen ... I never guessed Sleeping City would be so popular on Fans. It's got more to thank Pyro's Trail for rather than any genius by me ;)

-----------------------------------------

The last battery image Memory Power ... I saw an image in google and tried to replicate it

@ BarbieQ' ... between starting a new job, going to the gym and stupidly agreeing to be webmaster of my local football club's new website

PDN time is going to be short for a while.

My ex-wife missed me the most - then she re-loaded :lol::P

I was really impressed with "Memory Power." It's so good. The way it's all poppy-outy and so realistic is what makes me like it so much. The colors are lovely!

Many thanks as usual BarbieQ' and Helen. Glad you enjoyed it :D

@ mountnman ... dry your eyes mate ;)

There's about 18 months difference to us in PDN experience ?

Imagine how far you'll get in 18 months if you keep using the programme. And to be honest, if it wasn't for certain plugins, then I wouldn't be able to do half that I am.

Plus the encouragement and support of certain people.

Glad you enjoyed it

Edited by welshblue

Welshy, part of any craft or trade is knowing what tools to use & when. Masters know this & are also not afraid to experiment & share.

That makes you a master.

MTN, Welshy is right you know. It takes practice, tutes, practice, patience, experimentation & practice. :D

We enjoy watching people grow. B) You are doing good.

Sorry for the hijack, Welshy. Ok, no kissy smilie so here is a great big grin from me instead :lol:

Hijack away BarbieQ' ;)

Still not sure about being a Master though

I will admit to being very lucky that Ash and Oma took the time out to help me behind the scenes when I was starting out.

Sometimes just a small image highlighting the faults but enough to show me my mistakes.

It also helps that I'm a bit of a tenacious bar-steward who doesn't like to give up, no matter how often I want to put my fist through the monitor :(

PDN is like everything in life - the more you use it, the stronger you get.

In my 3 + years I've been here I've seen loads of people come and go, but the ones who have persevered are making some banging images

So my tips: dedication, perseverance, remember none of us know everything and can still learn something new whenever you click on that icon

Edited by welshblue

Another tip is to always try and keep textures/ bits you're happy with. I try and use as many old files as possible, and experiment with different Distorts.

0 - 60 in 12 months was/ possibly still is an experiment to see how/ if I could recycle parts from This

Worth finishing ?

Another tip is to always try and keep textures/ bits you're happy with. I try and use as many old files as possible, and experiment with different Distorts.

0 - 60 in 12 months was/ possibly still is an experiment to see how/ if I could recycle parts from This

Worth finishing ?

Hell yes worth finishing! Like what you have so far.

I do keep as many of the bits that I like & reuse them. Well, since I cannot recall how I did it, I have to recycle if I like it. I am glad that you think this is a good thing to do too. B)

Thanks BarbieQ' and Helen ( I think I'm gonna make an emoticon saying that :lol: )

After the confusion on Fans ... is it the back, is it the front ... I've decided to make the back view first. Mirrors to model, roof, cockpit and rear screen to get stressed over.

Oh yeah ... and rubber to make.

The next version could very well change drastically ...

I think I expressed my feelings about this piece on the other board. I couldn't believe it. Well, I could, but it was just so good.

I'm loving it! The shapes in it are so pleasing. I like the more organic shapes in cars. Colour is super too. I like the rear spoiler too. Gives the impression of being low-slung & fast. Love the shape of the rear lights too. Really well done & looking forward to seeing the rest of it. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star::pizza::mtdew::coffee::lol:

See - I knew I should have made that emoticon :lol:

Many thanks ladies; there's been a few subtle changes ... mainly to the lights, plus a bit more line tool and Blurs

Most of it is from the original shape from Insomnia I used Motion Blur to get it smooth, then Tube Oblique and Panelling were my friends. Huge friends

Mirrors, exhausts and lights were from this file: Click

This may crash and burn on here but I'm pleased with how it's turning out.

Need to sort out tyres a bit better and do inside the cockpit. And sort out that back window. I'm not @ all happy with it

It is a fantastic image. There is so much I like about it. The organic shape - just like a real sports car should look. I look at those rear exhausts & I can just hear that engine roar. The windows are really hard to do but I'd be happy with what you have but I know too that if the artist is not happy with it then it must be changed. Look forward to seeing what you come with for the rear window then.

Well done Welshy. A most superb image!

• Upvote 1

@ Helen and BarbieQ' - again, HUGE thanks for the kind words and your unstinting support of my work. It really does mean a lot to me.

Funnily enough, compared to some images I've made this was quite easy to make once the imagination and creative juices started flowing.

Apart from that fricking back screen. Hopefully when I make a bit of an interior for it ... headrests and mirror ... I can make it more transparent and that will look better.

Again, thank you. You're 2 roses in a desert of sometimes nothingness ;)

Nearly forgot. I take no credit for the grills. They're courtesy of verndewd

Edited by welshblue