welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Synthetic~ 02/02/2020

The fabric is soo cool and realistic. :shock:

I'll have to check out that tutorial (and hope I can create something half as good as yours :lol: )

Great job! It is a pleasure viewing your work.

Love the new one with the 3 tutes combined. Your take on the tutes is fantastic. A very Welshblue treatment. Absolutely love the gold band. Well done!

Still keeping up the good work I see :) I love this piece, only nitpick is the water doesnt quite seem to interact with the rock. Amazing nonetheless, kudos.

@ chrisco', barbieQ', Heat Stroke, sharp and csm' ... thanks people.

The finished version ? The WIP has taken over 12 months and layers if I had to guess, about 150 over 3 different files ... with maybe the same again for the image I've got in my head for how I want it to look.

Hopefully with a view at the base and scenery at the top.

I only posted this version 'cos my wife reckons I've overworked some of the texture on the cliff face, and wanted to see what the feedback was like (pretty favourable over 3 forums)

@ sharp ... I've got to admit to be struggling a bit with getting that looking right, but when I was going to sleep last night an idea popped into my head which I'm gonna try later (I know ... extremely sad )

Now that I look at it, only niggle I have is the small resolution and some elements of the cliff are a tad unrealistic, i.e. popping out.

Interesting point csm' ... but not all cliffs are made of big jagged rocks, or totally smooth ... an example Click and again another example

funny you should mention the small resolution 'cos the first landscape image I made ASH took the time to write me a mini tut, and that's the one I've been working from with my textures thrown in, on this one.

So who's right ?

I guess it's like everything ... all in the eye of the beholder, don't forget, this is a WIP and has changed a bit since being posted. Better blending for one :lol:

Thanks for your input (shame CFC didn't have any against the scousers yesterday ...)

Where are the daleks and Tardis picture and r2d2 ?????????????????????My art teacher says you're awesome and one of the best here so please keep making stuff

Tardis? R2E2? Yep, if anyone can do this it's be Welshy!

Totally agree with you & your art teacher, Baby Blue. :mrgreen:

Where are the daleks and Tardis picture and r2d2 ?????????????????????

My art teacher says you're awesome and one of the best here so please keep making stuff

You're just like your mother. You either don't listen @ all or only hear what you want to, when you want to. Selective deafness ...

As for talking to your art teacher. It's people talking behind my back that you know pisses me off ... so words later, me thinks.

Plus you were meant to be doing your homework when you wrote that

Also, those images you've mentioned, where are they ? STOP going through my files and start finishing your own !!!

I haven't posted them because I'm not happy with them

What I actually said to you was ... I'm taking a break from making things 100% Paint.NET, and am going to play around with other programmes for a while.

More photo manipulations etc. Like this :

-------------------------------------

The Galleria ... <goes to look>

Cool. Funnily enough I've got a half-written tut for the Psycho Killer image, but didn't think there was any call for it, so never finished it.

Thanks everyone

Edited by welshblue

Pst, BabyBlue, hide! Poor little sweetie pie. So much to learn still.

Welshy, I'd find it hard to do the tute without trying to replicate your work. I would though love to know who to do the blood drops.

Again, congratulations!

I could be wrong & I am darned sure someone will correct me but images posted here do not need to 100% PDN. If the image was manipulated & finished in PDN then it has every right to be here in your gallery. Even the Fanatics forum.

Having entered a few photo manips, I know that it is every bit as hard to do a manip as it is to create a PDN image from scratch. Bolt Bait's gallery supports my statements, as do the plethora of render sigs.

I could be wrong & I am darned sure someone will correct me but images posted here do not need to 100% PDN. If the image was manipulated & finished in PDN then it has every right to be here in your gallery. Even the Fanatics forum.

Having entered a few photo manips, I know that it is every bit as hard to do a manip as it is to create a PDN image from scratch. Bolt Bait's gallery supports my statements, as do the plethora of render sigs.

I know Barbie' ... maybe it's a crisis of confidence thing, but I didn't figure that many would be interested in seeing my photo manips here.

Got to admit to being a lot surprised @ how well The Bridge has gone down on dA.

Definitely inspired to make #2 using just photos I've taken

Plus this other thing where people have been dissing me behind my back, has sort of put me off forums a bit.

Say whatever to my face ... I can give as good back, but when you don't know who ...

Edited by welshblue