welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Synthetic~ 02/02/2020

WOW! the submarine picture is my absolute favorite of yours! It is superb, fantastic, overwhelmingly awesome, and many other adjectives that i can't think of at the moment. Also yorick's family portrait is delightfully ghoulish.

:shock: wow the submarine looks so realistic, how did you get this metal look? i'm looking foreward to your other creations of this trilogy

@ Everyone who commented on the submarine and Yorick's Family Portrait ... thanks a lot guys. Much appreciated. It's another piece that's far from perfect but it's more about seeing what the plug-ins will do ... in this case PointWarp mixed with S3D

There's been a few suggestions both here and on Fans which I may implement ... motivation willing.

@ Tilo ... I'm struggling with the next shape in the trilogy, it just doesn't look right :?

The texture ? I think it was Linear Reflected Gradient, Noise, Stretch Pixels and Fragment Blur

(There's a full size piece in the following file if you want to see it :wink: )

I've been asked to provide proof the sub' is 100% PDN ... Sub' proof ... remember to think outside the box, and please don't rip it off pretending it's anyone else's

In the grand scheme of things, what's the point of getting stressed if an accusation is made ... some things put a whole heap of things into perspective in real life; who cares about canvas

To a dear friend ...

thinkingof.png

Lovely new piece Welsh, lovely texture to the background and the flowers but i think the best is the leaves/grass. great job on that mate :wink:

love the new piece. I agree with nemo on the grass as well.

Oh yeah don't let people that accuse you get you down. I won't even take a look at that file you posted because i believe 200% that you did that in pdn. People need to realize that this is a powerful program in the right hands.

@ butterfly ... I love some of these usernames :)

Thanks a lot ... I'm not sure about one of the better galleries (Loads of names spring to mind), to me it's about learning a few new tricks and hopefully making something, some like. I'm glad you enjoyed your look around. Anytime you'd like a PDN file to have a look at something, give me a shout, as most things have too many layers in to make a tut' as such ... of course that goes to anyone else too :)

@ Nemo, thanks mate ... the grass/ leaves ... are some blades of grass I pinched from another file. A bit of S3D and away to go :wink:

@ YY10 ... thanks ... the black bits, I forgot to change blend modes back to overlay :roll:

But this piece was more about sentiment than realism or abstract

@ Chad' ... thanks a lot mate, Oma did warn me some would doubt my work so I'll take it as a compliment. As I said up there ^^ ... the chances of me making a tut when something has so many layers is next to zero, so the files are always there for others to decipher ... as in trying to work out what's what as I very rarely name a layer :roll:

I should 'cos it would save me a lot of time :?

This next piece started out life as an aeroplane, but I had a bit of a strop with myself and deleted wings etc ... maybe about 25 % of Ash's tut' in this

th_lavalamp.png

wow welsh that is amazing.... but here is some c&c the red glow at the bottom doesn't quite fit. That wood is absolutely amazing though i love the texture of it and the color *bows* taking that old tut to new levels quite amazing. Oh yeah i have been experimenting with the alpha displacement plugin and i think it is a brilliant plugin you might see some cool stuff come from me here soon now that i actually know how to use the plugin lol.... I am quite dense what can i say.

I adore the flower that you did! You're an amazing artist, Welshblue and an inspiration to us all. The lava lamp is just amazing. And the glow right next to the lamp is pretty realistic because the light disperses everywhere since it's transparent. A great piece!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Welsh, welsh, that lava is excellent real real, those lava are moving before my eyes, perfect 3D-ing and amazing woodwork, the wire is just a real piece, the shading and highlight is awesome, I catch just one thing I don't know if someone had already told you about, I won't say it here but I go check in Fans if you post it there I will point you to it, is just a tiny critique and very easy to fix up.

Welshy, at one point I stopped double saving & just saved it as a .png. I read some other comments from Oma & went back to double saving - keeping a .pdn copy.

There is a saying - those that can't, bully. Anyone that doubts my integrity I have a short but succinct two word command.

Anyone having the audacity to cast aspersions on your work, same applies.

Anyone that nicks your work - I hope your chooks turn into emus & kick your fowl house down.

Hmm, bit grumpy aren't I? Yet another dust storm & hurricane type wind & Lance's bombshell have left me feeling rather short in temper for nasty people.

Welshy, I making two coffees now, one for each of us so I hope you like coffee.

Lamp is the best I've seen. Wood texture is just the best as always.

I know I`ve already commented in Fans but I just have to say again what a great piece this is. The lighting and the wood textures - all brill. Nice one. :wink:

Whoa! I am going to have to pick up my jaw cause it just fell on the floor. Good job! :D

:lol:

@Welsh: Another job well done :wink: , not only do i like the lamp with its textures but that wood its on is brilliant

I'm with you baby blue on this one. where's the animated one? :lol: great job Welshy on that lava lamp. I really didn't think anyone could improve on the one ASH did in his tut. But yes of course I was wrong. You have taken the concepts and run with it.

ciao OMA

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the lava lamp, they're much appreciated

I've had a rude awakening tonight about how all my work may look on different monitors.

Very washed out on some. :oops:

Hopefully all the basics are there and only about 300 images and 200+ PDN files to go through and change accordingly ... at least it solves the problem of what do to next in PDN :P :twisted: :lol:

@ BabyBlue:

1. I notice you posted @ 8.30 a.m. ish; when you're meant to be going to school by then

2. I'm sure you weren't allowed onto the internet for 3 days ? (I can always make it 5 ... )

3. Less putting that muck on your face and use a brush on a canvas, instead. You're talented enough. Don't waste it.

4. I could go on and on, but if you score a goal tomorrow night ... I won't :P

@ Oma ... there is/ was an animated version ... just got to get to grips with a new Vista pc 1st... lava lamp #2

th_lavalamptest.jpg